Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior QRL glove

22 hours ago, Travislicious said:According to the Warrior's twitter account, April 15th is the release.They've said nothing about rice, but I would guess it hits at the same mark the QR1 didI never wore Warrior Gloves, so I wasn't following pricing, what was the price point of the QR1 when they came out?  Thanks

On 2/25/2016 at 9:12 AM, Doozy8 said:

22 hours ago, Travislicious said:According to the Warrior's twitter account, April 15th is the release.They've said nothing about rice, but I would guess it hits at the same mark the QR1 didI never wore Warrior Gloves, so I wasn't following pricing, what was the price point of the QR1 when they came out?  Thanks

Pre-orders now up on Total Hockey, $199.99 USD

http://www.totalhockey.com/product/QRL_Gloves/itm/24654-41/?mtx_id=0

32 minutes ago, sundinleafs137 said:

Pre-orders now up on Total Hockey, $199.99 USD

http://www.totalhockey.com/product/QRL_Gloves/itm/24654-41/?mtx_id=0

Ohh, nice. Looks like just some different materials separating the QRL and QRL Pro. I wonder if the mesh on the QRL makes much of a difference? The wear spot on the palm isn't a big deal to me, I've never had an issue with going through palms.

Is that cuff technology patent protected? I'm a huge Eagle fan, but that might cause me to go to Warrior once my current gloves wear out.

1 hour ago, OptimusReim said:

What's the difference between the QRL and the QRL Pro? The Pro is $50 less. 

The two main ones visually are the Mesh gusseting on the QRL, The smartpalm + wear patch on the QRL glove, and if I remember correctly I think the QRL was supposed to be a bit lighter as well, but i could be wrong on this point. The exterior coverings also appear a bit different in the two gloves/

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

The two main ones visually are the Mesh gusseting on the QRL, The smartpalm + wear patch on the QRL glove, and if I remember correctly I think the QRL was supposed to be a bit lighter as well, but i could be wrong on this point. The exterior coverings also appear a bit different in the two gloves/

Thanks man. Looks like it's worth the extra. Actually, I think I may be ordering my first ever set of customs. 

Definitely looking at these gloves and maybe custom,  has anyone that has used the Warrior Customizer before have any good/bad or especially how long it took?

Thanks

On 3/23/2016 at 8:15 PM, gokdog said:

Definitely looking at these gloves and maybe custom,  has anyone that has used the Warrior Customizer before have any good/bad or especially how long it took?

Thanks

warriors customization is not what it used to be unfortunately 

2 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Elaborate?

You used to be able to request certain cuffs (Hossa, Kovy undercuff), different racing stripe accents, tapered gussets, etc. etc.

Just an fyi... The QR1's can now be had for $112 on ice/inline warehouse with the SAVE25 code if anyone is interested. 

9 minutes ago, fcalog said:

You know this is the QRL thread...........

Well aware. Figured it's not worthy of a new thread and thought some might be stoked for $70 off the previous line if they can't afford or justify $199 gloves. 

How's sizing on these? I'm on eternal quest to find gloves that fit to my liking. I'm always stuck in between 13s and 14s. Right now the Surgeon 500s in 14s seem to be the right fit but I am very interested in trying the QRLs.

2 hours ago, bgspillz said:

How's sizing on these? I'm on eternal quest to find gloves that fit to my liking. I'm always stuck in between 13s and 14s. Right now the Surgeon 500s in 14s seem to be the right fit but I am very interested in trying the QRLs.

I'd go 14 if I were you. I've been a 13 in almost everything but found the 14s at Winterfest to be only slightly too big, to the point where I'm questioning whether I should go 13 or 14. 

18 minutes ago, sundinleafs137 said:

Looks like anything with a "QRL" tag has been removed from totalhockey.com  and no other sites that I've visited so far see have them listed anywhere.  Was the launch pushed back?

Hm. Warrior just posted this yesterday so i doubt it 

Maybe TH is just in the process of of removing the pre order listings and replacing them with regular ones?

On 4/15/2016 at 9:00 AM, sundinleafs137 said:

Looks like anything with a "QRL" tag has been removed from totalhockey.com  and no other sites that I've visited so far see have them listed anywhere.  Was the launch pushed back?

In case anyone else is wondering, there was a delay in TH getting the gloves from Warrior and they removed the listings for now so that they wouldn't oversell their original order. Theyre supposed to get them in on Thursday.

Kinda coincidentally, I did some searching around Edmonton for the glove and found nothing. 

I asked one rep why I couldn't find them, and he said warrior focused the first shipment to places where Warrior sells better. So Winnipeg got a bunch, for example, and Edmonton got none to this point. Or maybe it's punishment for having Yakupov and Hall (who went back to the Stealth CX) representing warrior in our city haha 

I actually picked up a pair of these last week.. 3 games on them. Replaced a set of Reebok 30k's. (Picked them up from http://TheHockeyShop.com in Vancouver BC for C$199)

I do feel they're thicker around the finger gussets, they're more fitted than the 30k's and do feel "warmer". Because of the extra padding, they're a little more difficult to throw on and off, tending to stick to the back of your hand. The padding inside on the back of hand side is vented / holes.

Very soft brand new, looking forward to wearing them in more!

Fitted a 13" in the Reebok 30k's... fit a 14" nicely in the QRL's.

while vacationing in Vancouver last week I dropped by The Hockey Shop to pick up some custom Eagle stuff I'd ordered and got the chance to try this glove out. loved the cuff and was pleasantly surprised by the entire glove overall. the 13" was perfect for me but my hands are slightly smaller than a standard 13" glove.