Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Travislicious

Stickers over Kane name on Nexus sticks?

Hey guys,

I was walking down the stick rack at a hockey shop when something odd caught my eye. On older nexus sticks (Not the N6000-1N line of 2015), all of the P88 sticks had a sticker covering up where it would normally say Kane P88. Or at least I think it should. I took a quick picture. Anyone know why Bauer may bother covering it up with a sticker? And only for this pattern on these sticks?

X7XqKbp.jpg

If they're that old, it could be something the retailer did over the summer to avoid the awkwardness of reminding the customer of Kane's investigation.

If they're that old, it could be something the retailer did over the summer to avoid the awkwardness of reminding the customer of Kane's investigation.

This would be my guess as well. Retailer or manufacturer.

This would be my guess as well. Retailer or manufacturer.

When I received the 1X LE sticks, there were a few that shipped that way.

But extremely strange that a previous generation of sticks were covered up with the sticker.

pure conjecture on my part but Bauer may have been preparing to cut ties with him pending the outcome of his investigation? Damage control?

pure conjecture on my part but Bauer may have been preparing to cut ties with him pending the outcome of his investigation? Damage control?

That would seem logical. It would be a big name to give up though on Bauer's end...

Except these were a pre-investigation generation of sticks.

I have seen Stamkos pattern sticks simply marked as PM9 without his name on them right along side Stamkos marked sticks even though they were the same model.

We have these in our store that were shipped like this directly from bauer. Also, on the new 1S line of sticks we started receiving, the curve is only a P88, it doesn't have Kane's name on it. The court of public opinion trumps the court of law yet again. What a shame.

Except these were a pre-investigation generation of sticks.

I have seen Stamkos pattern sticks simply marked as PM9 without his name on them right along side Stamkos marked sticks even though they were the same model.

Is it possible that Bauer sent these stickers alone to the retailer in case of any sudden changes?

Is it possible that Bauer sent these stickers alone to the retailer in case of any sudden changes?

That would be my guess, professionally printed using the proper font & die cut to size has manufacturer written all over it.

There is an online shop that has multiple listings for the same curve as options in the search field. Example P106 and P106 Richards. Who knows.... Maybe its just incase you know the curve only by the name or the pattern.

We have these in our store that were shipped like this directly from bauer. Also, on the new 1S line of sticks we started receiving, the curve is only a P88, it doesn't have Kane's name on it. The court of public opinion trumps the court of law yet again. What a shame.

Hope they don't get rid of the names like Easton did. I had to deal with so many people that refused to use a E3 because they swear by the P3 Hall/Sakic.

Hope they don't get rid of the names like Easton did. I had to deal with so many people that refused to use a E3 because they swear by the P3 Hall/Sakic.

Still saw some P92 Ovechkins and i think there were PM9 Stamkos' there too. Just looked like the P88 was nameless