Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tregobo

Warrior Projekt Girdle: Sizing (Comments)?

I am looking to order these online and I never have any luck with the sizing charts they provide. I am about 5'9" 180-190. I am not sure if I should go with a Large or an X-Large.

Does anyone wear these that could offer some size perspective?

Any general comments about these that might change my mind about ordering? I just play low level beer league - I am more concerned with comfort than protection.

Thanks

You might actually be best in a medium. I'm 5''11", and around the same weight and the medium fit great except I thought the back protection was a little short, so I tried the large and they were just to big all around so I ended up just getting new pants (RBZ 130). At your height though the mediums should fit great, you'll just need to get a longer belt

You might actually be best in a medium. I'm 5''11", and around the same weight and the medium fit great except I thought the back protection was a little short, so I tried the large and they were just to big all around so I ended up just getting new pants (RBZ 130). At your height though the mediums should fit great, you'll just need to get a longer belt

Thanks for the input. How did you like them in terms of comfort and mobility?

It definitely feels weird at first because they fit like compression shorts, but the mobility is great and once you start playing you don't even notice they're there. The protection is really solid also. My only gripe was that I wear jock pants and it can be a little tricky getting the girdle over the pants due to the snug fit(I also wish they had the velco tabs for skate socks built in as well). Other than that if they fit you should love them, even with a shell they're much lighter than any pants you'll find with similar protection outside of the RBZ line

I'm 6'2" and north of 200lbs and wear a large. At your size I'd definitely agree with cmflynn - you should order a medium. The stock belt runs really short so you'll likely want to replace the belt with something longer. They fit like tight bike shorts, are light and the mobility is good.

I just grabbed this girdle in small. It fits slightly looser and bulkier than I prefer, weighing 140 at 5'6''. My preference comes from wearing a Tackla 4500 (jr xl/180) with the crotch panel cut out of it for a few years so I like the tailored, slim fit that had.

The Projekt girdle is built very nicely and is a good product but at the moment I neither dislike nor like the fit of it. The cup pocket is in my opinion not in the optimal position as it holds the cup slightly away from my body, which I believe is because the girdle itself is slightly over-sized. I'm definitely going back to using a jock because of this, which is a huge bummer because I really enjoy not having to remember packing one for every skate.

Mobility compared to any pants I have are very positive, but they are slightly less "free" compared to the Tackla I used to wear (which is to say it's not that bad at all). In my case personally I would have gone down to a jr XL if I could buy it again. I grabbed it on clearance from an online retailer and couldn't return it, so I'm currently skating in it without significant complaints.

I'm not sure how my sizing experience will translate to your case, but between two sizes, I'd go smaller due to the cup pouch fitting awkwardly. The velcro adjustments will let you loosen your fit a bit if its too restrictive, but you can do almost nothing to make the girdle tighter.

I am your size and I just got them in a medium and very happy with the snug fit. They are very comfortable and as cmflynn suggested, you don't even know they are there.

Depends on how you like them to fit. I'm a slim build around 175 and 5' 11", mine are a medium and fit tight on me (which I like), I have to almost wiggle into them (and even tighter now that xmas has just gone!). So if you have any excess around the waist or butt I would have gone for a large, they definitely run smaller than other medium girdles with the exception of Rbk 9k's which run on the small side also.

I wear the Projekt. Im 5'9" 190 and wear a Medium. I have the front belly pad cut off of mine and had to change out the belt. Hope this helps, if you havnt bought already.

I kept the belly pad, but I did replace the belt as soon as I got it to a longer belt. Other than that, great piece of equipment

I'm 5'10, 170 and I wear a large with the top part of the belly pad cut off. If I had to do it again I would've gone with a medium.

I am also in the market for a new girdle.

I currently own the Bauer supreme total one girdle which fits snug and feels cheaply made.

I also have the warrior dynasty girdle in size large which fits my waist nicely but the big issue is how bulky it fits in the legs - no leg wraps and it feels big & loose like pants. I prefer the form fitting style.

I have read up on the Projekt girdle but have never tried them on and I need some wisdom on

Sizing. I am 5'11" around 208 lbs and my waist is 35/36.

Keep in mid I am wearing a Bauer supreme total one core girdle in size medium which is a snug tight fit.

any thoughts or ideas?

Look forward to hearing from you

Thanks and best, Peter

Im 5'9' 190 and am in a medium. If I were 10 lbs heavier I would've went with the large. My waist is 33. Im guessing at your size the large would be good. There is a leg strap you can tighten up to get it a little more snug. If I was you tho, Id look at the Supreme 190. My son has it and it seems every bit as protective as my projekt and the shell attaches to the girdle so you dont need to separate them when you hang them to dry. They have a similar fit to the Total One. The MX3 IMO isnt worth the extra cash compared to the 190.