Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrData

Pros who use Lidstrom/Getzlaf curve (with pics)

I thought it would be neat to compile a list of pros who use the (relatively rare) Lidstrom/Getzlaf heel curve. Here are the guys I've found so far: Alexander Edler (formerly), Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Jacob Trouba, Connor Brickley and Kevin Porter. Can you think of any more? Try to post a pic showing the curve!

Edler (formerly)

10254009.jpg

Pageau

Jean+Gabriel+Pageau+St+Louis+Blues+v+Ott

Trouba

Jacob+Trouba+Winnipeg+Jets+v+New+Jersey+

Brickley

connor_brickley_san_antonio_012415.jpg

Porter

Buffalo+Sabres+v+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+5qv

Ferland

469929202-michael-ferland-of-the-calgary

Happy hunting!

The Easton version on that pattern always seemed to me to be more of a Banana Heel w/ Square Toe vs the P02.

The patterns appear to vary widely, just with the guys you pictured. They aren't all using the lidstrom/getzlaf retail curve.

More Defencemen will be using the square at the top than forwards - corners and boards puck play

Heel curves are extremely popular in the NHL happy pic hunting :popcorn: this thread should have 1000's of pics

Heel curves are extremely popular in the NHL happy pic hunting

Not as popular as they used to be

Chadds right. At the moment the most popular curve in the NHL is the E3 by a HUGE margin. Heels are few and far between.

The patterns appear to vary widely, just with the guys you pictured. They aren't all using the lidstrom/getzlaf retail curve.

The only one I'm not sure about is Brickley. I know for a fact that Pageau uses a Lidstrom, and also that Trouba uses a slightly tweaked Lidstrom (it was described to me as "very close to a retail Lidstrom"). Edler's pattern looks like a pretty spot-on Lidstrom from that angle, and the blade profile also fits.

The only one I'm not sure about is Brickley. I know for a fact that Pageau uses a Lidstrom, and also that Trouba uses a slightly tweaked Lidstrom (it was described to me as "very close to a retail Lidstrom"). Edler's pattern looks like a pretty spot-on Lidstrom from that angle, and the blade profile also fits.

We have a Brickley prostock at work, it's def a P02

Chadds right. At the moment the most popular curve in the NHL is the E3 by a HUGE margin. Heels are few and far between.

It's been an interesting trend to watch, seems like yesterday everyone was using a 'Drury'.

I thought it would be neat to compile a list of pros who use the (relatively rare) Lidstrom/Getzlaf heel curve. Here are the guys I've found so far: Alexander Edler, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Jacob Trouba, Connor Brickley and Kevin Porter. Can you think of any more? Try to post a pic showing the curve!

Edler

10254009.jpg

Pageau

Jean+Gabriel+Pageau+St+Louis+Blues+v+Ott

Trouba

Jacob+Trouba+Winnipeg+Jets+v+New+Jersey+

Brickley

connor_brickley_san_antonio_012415.jpg

Porter

Buffalo+Sabres+v+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+5qv

Happy hunting!

Elder stopped using the square toe after the Torts season.

Elder stopped using the square toe after the Torts season.

Cool, thanks for the heads-up!

michael ferland.

Couldn't find a perfect pic, but it sure looks like it!

I can confirm JP Pageu as I have had some of his sticks before.

In terms of overall Pros/College players I would say about 1 in 200 players use the heel curve. Very popular among men's leaguers 40+ though. A lot of stud guys used to play with this pattern and thats all they want to use.

You can see in the pic you posted that Trouba is using a blade with more of a mid curve and less loft than a Lidstrom (retail) style curve.