Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tburns517

Looking for some new CCM skates

I currently have some CCM U+ Pro Skates in a size 9 EE. A few of the eyelets have broken/rusted off, and I accidentally ripped right through the boot (where one of the eyelets broke entirely) from trying to tighten my skates. I was looking at some new skates, and I would like to stick with CCM. I am aware that CCM skates have a few different models and they fit differently. My foot is rather wide, but I still would like a snug fit. I have to wear thick socks with my current skates to make sure I don't get blisters. They were baked when I first got them, but I would assume they need to be baked every few years to keep the mold of your feet. Does anyone have any recommendations on what CCM skates I should try that are comparable to the fit of my CCM U+ Pro's? Browsing on Total Hockey I saw the CCM JetSpeed Maxx 2.0 skates were on sale for $199. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You should check out YouTube. There is a great video explaining the 3 CCM lines; Tacks, Ribcore, and JetSpeed. If I remember correctly, JetSpeed is the widest fit and Ribcore the narrowest? As far as what skate to get, that is personal preference based on budget, how much you will be skating, height / weight, and so on.

You should check out YouTube. There is a great video explaining the 3 CCM lines; Tacks, Ribcore, and JetSpeed. If I remember correctly, JetSpeed is the widest fit and Ribcore the narrowest? As far as what skate to get, that is personal preference based on budget, how much you will be skating, height / weight, and so on.

Thanks for the reply. I checked out YouTube and never noticed the video explaining the 3 lines, however, I watched it and my best bet is going to be visiting Total Hockey or a local hockey store and checking out all three. My budget is around $400, and I skate 2, sometimes 3 times a week. I would consider myself a two-way defenseman. I'll see what information I can find on them.

You would be well served to expand your search into other brands and just try on everything. You may find a perfect fit in a non-CCM boot as opposed to possibly putting yourself into a skate that just fits "OK" and going with it because it's the best fit within that brand. When you go to shop for skates plan on spending an hour or two. Take your time with each boot.

I recently tried on all three with the following impressions -

Jetspeed - most form fitting. Narrow heel for excellent heel lock, medium wide up front. Felt slightly less pressure on the outsides of feet as my Vapor X7.0

Ribcore - Less heel lock for sure, so Id assume slightly wider heel. About the same width up front, maybe slightly narrower

Tacks - Big everywhere. Felt like a big guys skate, my foot was swimming in them

Again - this is just my experience, trying on a bunch of un-baked skates.

I eneded up buying Easton Mako 2's, but second in line was Jetspeeds. Like others are saying, I'd go try everything. This past buying season for me, Bauer's didn't feel great, CCM Jetspeeds did, but the other CCMs didn't. Easton Makos blew the rest out of the water. The Mako M8 or M7 could float around in your price range.

I picked up a pair of U+s from No Icing in New Hampshire over the summer. No idea what sizes they had left.

But, for what it's worth, if you have to wear thick socks, then the skates clearly don't have an ideal fit, and you would do well to look at something besides the exact same skate and size.