Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elpresidente99

Nexus 1000 Skate dilemma

This year i bought a Nexus 1000 Skate, because of fit in the store. I have to say it is for me the most comfortable skate. But but but i never felt comfortable on ice. I wasn't not that explosive on starts Balance was a we bit off.I usually skip the last eyelett to have a better forward lean. In the Nexus i wasnt able to skip it because then i felt so loose in the skate, my ankles bend to the inside and i didn't felt i'm in the boot it felt like im on the boot.. If you know what i mean. Then i tried everything to fix this. I laced it up completely but then i felt too restricted in my stride and turns. Then i went back to my old vapors for the last game and i was back, 6 Point game. i felt so good on ice.

Is the skate toooo wide for me?? What is the problem why i feel like this?? Before the Nexus i had a vapor 9.0 D and i never felt comfortable with it but it performs like hell for me on the ice. Should i go back to a 1:x in 9D??

Thanks

The sloppy fit is probably a function of the heel pocket. Try stable 26 socks to fill the space and center your foot in the boot.

You may also want to try a forward contour on the steel or put a heel lift in. I've found that my skating improves when I have a more aggressive forward stance on my skates and the nexus is a pretty neutral boot.

Either the skate is the wrong size or the line is too wide for you. Regardless, similar to what laserrobottime said, your heel isn't locking in the boot. Because of the movement, your ankles are caving in. There's no stability there for you to be comfortable on your edges. That affects your starts and more than likely your crossovers.

When you say the Vapor line wasn't comfortable, what exactly wasn't comfortable about it? The answer to this may allow us to come to a conclusion on what skate is going to be the right fit for you.