Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDhouston

Large size skate question

Hey guys, need some help with skates. I wear a 15 running shoe 14 in dress shoe. Play once or twice a week just getting back into it after a long long break.

I had someone give me a used pair of Pro Stock Vapor X-60 a few years ago size 13C AA. They hurt my feet on the sides and the toe box is crammed, they are also falling apart. I have been looking for a new pair. Found a pair of Vapor X-80 in 13 E ordered and baked them. Turns out they are too wide and my foot slides around the inside and my heel slips. My foot is pretty narrow for the length. I have found that the Original Mako comes in a 12.5 either D or EE from hockey monkey right now pretty cheap.

Wondering if the Mako in a 12.5 would work or would it be too short? Also have thought about taking the plunge and just ordering some VH but not too excited about paying $1k for skates. Guess I am going to try to sell the new Vapors... So frustrating...Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The 12.5 Makos may work for you. I wear a 10W dress shoe and wear 8EE Makos. On the box it says they say 8EE skate size and 9.5 shoe size...so Easton estimates that most people should go about 1.5 sizes down from shoe size for their skates. This will of course vary as people leave different amounts of room in their skates, but if you follow their guideline then a 14 dress shoe would equal a 12.5 Mako.

In addition to this some people use the same size Makos as Bauer skates and others go half a size up or down. Since you were using 13 Vapors the 12.5 Makos are within your size range. You won't really know if they'll fit until you bake them and put them on, but there's a chance they will.

As far as width goes, if the EE Vapors are too wide then I'd go with D Makos. They'll probably feel too narrow before baking, but are extremely responsive to heat and should be comfortable after baking as long as they're the right length. I only went with the EE size because my forefoot is quite wide, but for the average or slightly narrow foot the D width would be the way to go.

CCM RBZ skates run pretty big, you might be able to get into a 12. I fit a guy (MLB pitcher, actually) who wears a 15 shoe into an RBZ 70 size 12 and his foot wasn't crammed at all.

I wear a 14 in most my shoes, running shoe is a size 14 Brooks GTS14. Sometimes on a rare occasion for some reason a 13 works with a few dress shoes.

Wear a 11EE Supreme One100 right now.