Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EdDemars

Changes in equipment bags

I have an old Reebok 4K (I think) backpack. One thing I like about it is it has multiple compartments on the outside of the bag. Not just one for skates and another for socks/jerseys but 3 or 4 additional smaller ones for pucks or other gear.

I've been searching around for a new bag and I feel like I've looked everywhere. One thing I have noticed is that bags no longer come with additional pockets. You get the main compartment for your gear, a secondary compartment for socks/jerseys and skate pockets. But nothing else. If you do find one that has 1 additional pocket, rather than sitting on the outside of the bag it's typically a pouch that goes inside of the main pocket.

So if you're looking for compartmentalized storage, it's the GRIT products or nothing.

I'm assuming at some point all of the manufacturers decided to change the designs either to (a) reduce costs or (b) reduce the risk of zippers going bad (the more zippers, the more than can break. Maybe they did it for both reasons, who knows.

Does anybody know of a manufacturer that still makes a back with more than 1 accessory compartment on the outside of the bag?

thanks

Cool, good idea. I didn't realize they had the extra pockets on the inside. The other thing I've found is that manufacturers are really bad at providing decent photography of their products. I'll have to check it out at my local Total Hockey. I was looking for another backpack but a dufflebag style may be more the ticket. thanks!

I wish that equipment bags had a different colour on the inside of the bag liner. Most of my gear is black, and my bag is black. The lighting at the rink is sh!t, and sometimes trying to find something is a pain.

+1 for internal pockets.