Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bulawa

Fixing a broken visor

Hej there,

My visors tend to beak apart right at the screws. This time it is quite a clean break so I thought I might attempt to glue or melt it back together.

Has anyone experience with this kind of polycarbonates?

Im using a Oakley pro straight small...

I saw this thread title and cringed. I just think its a bad idea in my opinion. Anything around the eyes or face I think should be completely solid, broken bones heal but things like eyes...well you don't get many of those.

I do share your feelings, and I am going to replace it anyway, but it nontheless would be cool if I could fix it. Ill post a pic of it later...

Do you put a little rubber washer/spacer between the screw and the visor? If you don't, and you overtighten, I could see how that could stress and crack the plastic.

Do you put a little rubber washer/spacer between the screw and the visor? If you don't, and you overtighten, I could see how that could stress and crack the plastic.

Using a little blue loctite on the screws would help keep it from loosening up and feeling like you need to over-tighten it.

As for repairing the visor, it's obviously not something that we would ever suggest doing.

Sounds like you're over tightening it like a few of the guys said. First two couple visors I had, I did the same thing, over tighten and they would break. Since then I haven't had to replace a visor from broken screw areas.

And yes, don't try to fix the visor. Just buy a new one.

I am on the replace it wagon...But could you just use a few washers to cover the area for more grip? anything that could/would lead to an injury should be replaced, but if its a small hairline...who knows???