Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

standupduble

Suggestions for Low Profile Shoulder Pads for Mens League (w/ torso protection)

I have the Easton Makos and think they are the best. They have great natural movement for skating and shooting and are very protective in the front and in the back. I was worried about the conex style of the pad but got used to it in 2 games. I don't even notice I'm wearing it anymore. The shoulder caps are not bulky but give great protection and are low profile too. So good I bought a 2nd backup pair when these wear out.

Good luck with the Bauers

I switched from no shoulder pads to the CCM RBZ 130 and haven't gone back.

Same here

Started out with the RBZ, 5030's and then went to the RBZ 130 as it has a lower profile. cant beat the protection, weight and the mobility for the price

I bought the rbz 150s online a couple months ago but returned them right away. I thought the shoulder caps where bigger then I wanted from what I could tell for about the minute I had them on. I'll try these APX2s on though. Got a 10% off coupon and $20 in rewards to sweeten the deal if I decide to get them. I want something I could try to jump in front of shots with, kinda hesitant to do that with my current shoulder pads.

In my opinoin, having played on the ice w/ apx2's, RBZ's, Ultra Tacks and Dynasty's, again nothing on the market compares to the STX surgeons. I will say once again that hockey equipment is all about personal preference.

There is no best ! There is no worst! Wear pads that protect you and are comfortable or you won't play.

heaviest or lightest means nothing. Comfort is primary.

I have been playing for over 35 yrs. usa juniors to ncaa division 1.

Best of luck

I went ahead and got the Bauer apx2. I think just the way my shoulders are the CCM 150s sit higher. These Bauers seem good though. I walked around with them on the store for a few minutes, the mobility seemed good. Can't wait to try them out tonight!

I bought the rbz 150s online a couple months ago but returned them right away. I thought the shoulder caps where bigger then I wanted from what I could tell for about the minute I had them on. I'll try these APX2s on though. Got a 10% off coupon and $20 in rewards to sweeten the deal if I decide to get them. I want something I could try to jump in front of shots with, kinda hesitant to do that with my current shoulder pads.

Surprised to hear that, I don't even notice the caps at all and I'm coming from SWD 5030s.

I went ahead and got the Bauer apx2. I think just the way my shoulders are the CCM 150s sit higher. These Bauers seem good though. I walked around with them on the store for a few minutes, the mobility seemed good. Can't wait to try them out tonight!

I'm really surprised to hear that, I wasn't comfortable with the APX2 shoulder caps at all. It just goes to show that it's all about preference.

I saw a few mention the RBZ 130. Can anyone compare these to the RBZ? I just ordered a pair of RBZ and it seems like I could go down a step or two; what's there is nice but doesn't seem to match the price. They also seem to ride up a bit, anyone experience the same with the RBZ 150 or 130?

I haven't had any issues with the RBZ 150 LEs riding up. In fact, I had skin tags on one side of my neck disappear in short order once I switched from Reebok 6Ks to the RBZ 150s.

My 150s ride up ever so slightly, but not enough to be an issue for me. I think it's just due to the weight of the pads.

Same boat. I have 2 shoulder pads i alternate between. 5030s and an easton eq30. Like the protection on the easton but feel like a linebacker. Just started wearing a padded shirt under the 5030s and im happy with the results. Oh and a nice pair of elbows too. Dont cheap out on those

I am in the same boat, there is still a chance I take a way-ward puck and I want all the modern advances in chest and spine protection. I just don't need gigantic shoulder pads. I am not going to take a check and don't need gigantic football shoulder pads.

Like if I could find one with the 5030s shoulder pads and a modern chest/spine protector, I'd be golden.

If this is your desire my recommendation would be to go with the 5030' and add a Evo Tec Rib spine shirt underneath.

So I'm in the same boat and looking for a low profile shoulder pad for adult tournaments. I was close to settling on the Sherwood 5030's and also like the padded shirt under the 5030's option. I then saw this Mission padded shirt with shoulder caps and was curious to see if anyone has had any experience with these or have had their hands on any of these. http://www.icewarehouse.com/Mission_Pro_Compression_Padded_Shirt_Sr_2015/descpage-MPRS5.html

I saw a few mention the RBZ 130. Can anyone compare these to the RBZ? I just ordered a pair of RBZ and it seems like I could go down a step or two; what's there is nice but doesn't seem to match the price. They also seem to ride up a bit, anyone experience the same with the RBZ 150 or 130?

I'm sure there is a difference, but when I messed around with each model in a Hockey Giant store, I couldn't figure out a reason to spend the extra $$. I also talked to a sales rep and he recommended the 130 as the RBZ couldn't really justify the double the price.