Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bolt91

How do I begin coaching in the US?

I want to start coaching but I have no idea where to start. I know you have to get your level 1 in order to do anything but I'm not sure of any teams that I can coach or volunteer with. Help!

Contact your local rink. What age & level? Youth Travel coaches by me are paid and experienced. House coaches are typically parents of the kids. Occasionally they need a few extras and they have some volunteer coaches as well.

First thing you should do is get your SafeSport certificate. Pretty sure that is a USA hockey requirement. Its all online and free.

Next id say look up your local youth hockey association. Get your foot in the door and work your way up the ladder.

Not to dispute pylon, what is the local organization? USAH OR AAU? Here in Chicago-land most organizations are both. AAU being for mites. Some states are predominately one or the other.