Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDhouston

Visors

just got back on the ice, haven't been wearing any face protection. Need to get a visor, thinking Bauer or Oakley. Maybe the large type with the top connection. On the other hand I don't want one that is too big. Haven't worn one since jr hockey 20 years ago. Since I have such a huge head I think I need a large size so it doesn't stop too far up and the line would interfere with looking down at the puck. Any feedback? Wearing size XL Bauer 5100 helmet. Head size 8 1/8

Ive used both Oakley and Bauer recently. The Oakley is far better in terms of clarity and optics, in my opinion. But I'll still defer to those with more experience.

I've got a no name pro cut from a guy in Virginia I got off ebay. Things a beauty, doesn't fog, hasn't scratched and I can see fine. I'm not a fan of visors at all but I don't mind this one

HejdukSport does quality visors for a little better value than Oakley and Bauer if you're looking to experiment

Nice, I'll take a look. Thanks!

Is there a site in English that I can check these things out?

I recently switched to a Bauer HDO from the Oakley Pro Straight (was worn and a little scratched). Went with Bauer because I read they were less sensitive and easier to maintain than the Oakley (and it saved me a couple $$). Played in a tournament with it this weekend, didn't really notice it and had zero fog issues.

Since returning to the game in 2014, I've gone from a generic half-shield that was great optically to the larger Oakley 3/4 shield that had some fogging issues, and finally, to the latest model full face Avision Ahead, after taking a puck to the lowest part of the Oakley that would have been a major problem if it had been an inch lower or if I'd have still been wearing the half shield. I hate the extra straps and having to mess with them to lift it up to use a regular water bottle, but no complaints whatsoever about visibility...optically, it's really like wearing absolutely nothing. The product performs exactly as advertised.

I loved the vision of my avision ahead, but I got awful condensation on the inside. I could deal with fogging as that generally only happens once I get to the bench, but this was actual condensation.

The old avision ahead was incredible though.

Anyone use the Bauer hybrid or the tron s920 hybrid? I went from visor to cage after a stick to the face required stitches and dental work. I'd love to have better vision though. Hate the cage but not worth not having full protection these days.

I went from a excel (or something like that). Yes I know it is old so am I. If I remember correctly was pretty high end when I got. Now I am using a hejduk. Its not bad for the price.