Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Bauer Supreme Team Stick (and other brands' equivalents)

I ran into a Bauer stick branded "Supreme" but without a model number. Apparently this model is called the Bauer Supreme Team Stick. A quick Google uncovered a couple other brands' equivalent models, mainly CCM.

Does anyone have any insight into the specs of these sticks?

Teams in the BCHL have been using these team sticks in the last couple seasons because of the Bauer deal. The code should read SB18A. All the ones I've seen have been non-grip and have felt quite heavy. The majority of players I've talked to who had to use these sticks did not like them.

My JR team had the Supreme version of Bauers team sticks and CCM's team RBZ last season.

For Bauer I'm pretty sure the specs are similar to the 190 but a little more beefed up. As for CCM I couldn't tell you what was different seeing as I never use the brand for sticks, but they were favoured by the majority of the guys including myself.

Used these sticks in the BCHL and they were absolute garbage. Very heavy, not much pop and the blade felt like plastic. Also the blades were prone to breaking at the heal after about 2 weeks. These sticks retail for $120 from what I have heard from trainers. They are comparable to the CCM team sticks, but from my experience the CCM sticks were lighter.

I ran into a Bauer stick branded "Supreme" but without a model number. Apparently this model is called the Bauer Supreme Team Stick. A quick Google uncovered a couple other brands' equivalent models, mainly CCM.

Does anyone have any insight into the specs of these sticks?

To add on the above responses, it is indeed based off of the stick one-tier below top end in your example, which is the 190. I am not sure if it is a retail-spec 190 build, or a beefed up build.

I'm sure you now know of other equivalents, like the Warrior QR Pro & HD Pro, CCM sticks that sit one-below the top should be close as well.

Is there a way to tell if you have that version of stick? I just purchased some Ultra Tacks online and am curious to see if it is one of these team sticks.

My college team uses the CCM team sticks and when we get ones painted like RBZ Superfast they say *TEAM on them and the code in the name plate is FC. The ones painted like Ultra Tacks have all had the LK code meaning low kick on the name plate. The Superfast definitely is at least one step down from the top of the line as it's a little heavier and less balanced then the RBZ Stage 2's I've used. The Tacks is tough to gauge since I've never used a Tacks line stick but they are definitely lower kick sticks and not mid kick like a true Tacks stick. What I heard from my coach is the RBZ is the older model team stick and the Tacks is the newer version but I don't know if thats true or not. The stickers on the top had a code on them and I'll see if I can check one out tomorrow.

My college team uses the CCM team sticks and when we get ones painted like RBZ Superfast they say *TEAM on them and the code in the name plate is FC. The ones painted like Ultra Tacks have all had the LK code meaning low kick on the name plate. The Superfast definitely is at least one step down from the top of the line as it's a little heavier and less balanced then the RBZ Stage 2's I've used. The Tacks is tough to gauge since I've never used a Tacks line stick but they are definitely lower kick sticks and not mid kick like a true Tacks stick. What I heard from my coach is the RBZ is the older model team stick and the Tacks is the newer version but I don't know if thats true or not. The stickers on the top had a code on them and I'll see if I can check one out tomorrow.

Dont retail and pro stock Superfast say Team Superfast on them?

The Ultra Tacks team sticks for this year are great while they last. Have the "LK" code on the name bar. Low kick shafts with the ultra tacks blade. Awesome feel and pop but whip out really fast, and the blades chip no matter how well you protect them; at least with all the ones I've had.

I believe mine will be the team sticks then. They are LK and the curve is P19 which I didn't think CCM offers at retail anymore. Hopefully they don't feel like the prostock U+ CL's a got a year ago. They felt like a 75 dollar stick in a different paint job.