Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quick_dry

Pucks: Bauer Slivvver vs IDS?

Can anyone who has used both give a comparison of the Slivvver puck vs the IDS? (besides the horrible name of the Slivvver)

They would be used for tournament play on sport court/ice court/stilmat type tiled surface.

We had a bunch of them from the last worlds tournament we were at and I didn't think much of them, I much prefer the IDS. We have a mix of puck brands (including the slivvver) for training and everyone always picks an IDS over any other puck from the bag. The IDS does have a little more tendency to roll but is better in terms of feel on the blade and smoothness over the tile.

I haven't tried the Slivvver, but regularly use the IDS puck in leagues and have tried the Verbero Aero puck in a warm up session. In my opinion the Aero puck is much better. It feels slightly heavier so feels a bit more like an ice puck, didn't roll on end on me at all, and slides much better (again, a more ice like feel).

1st choice is IDS or Rocket Pucks.

I haven't had enough use of the Verbero puck but loved it when I used it so thats second.

Third is anything else and I'd rather not resort to this option, ha.

I personally use the green biscuit snipe pucks for recreational games and I think they are great. They full heavier like a real puck and it stick handles well. IDS pucks are my second favorite, but the white things erode way to fast. Only last like 2-4 weeks on a rough surface.

I wish they would adopt the Slivvver puck, to be honest. The extra weight is nice (similar to an ice hockey puck), and it seems to slide better/not bounce around as much.

Too bad that will never happen, as the Rocket Puck Creator owns (arguably) the biggest Tournament Series in the world. 

I couldn't find much info on the Bauer puck so I bought it to test. I play on smooth concrete. They barely slid at all. 

I've never used the IDS pucks in particular but I feel that once you've tried any of the pucks with the tiny dot contacts you've used them all. (I could be wrong)

That being said does nobody use pro pucks. Around me they are all I see. But on the Web nobody mentions them.

I use both pro pucks when I play on concrete sometimes, but the pegs break so easily when I clang posts that it gets very expensive as they are the most costly puck option that I use. Once a peg breaks they move kind of funny. They are heavier, which I like for ice simulation, but if I hit the goalie right they can feel it more. I think I'm just going to go to only using the IDS pucks for both surfaces. Still get good slide (although not quite the level of the Propucks but fairly close and better than other similar pucks), the pegs are replaceable when they wear down over time, and they shoot better, plus it's easier to just stay used to one type of puck. 

I play college roller hockey in the NCRHA (the only national league for college player) and we switched to the silvvver puck this season. Definitely heavier then the ids and feels like an ice puck when you block it.  I've used every puck imaginable  from Verbero aero pucks to Mylecs and I honestly like the silvvver puck a lot. More like an ice puck and doesn't bounce or roll nearly as much. Doesn't slide quite as easily but definitely my favorite.