Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

datsvechkin

Is fixitbymail.com a good choice for glove repair?

I've had experience with hockeymenders.com but they are unable to repair what I need. I emailed fixitbymail.com and luckily they are able to help me out. Has anyone gone through these guys for re-palming or other glove repairs? 

I've never used any of those services. I'm fiercely DIY when it comes to repairing anything. Though I'm horrible at sewing so certain things require some help. Haha. 

Mind if I ask what the damage looks like? Who knows, someone might have a genius idea for fixing it.

Basically I have a few pairs of gloves that I'm looking to replace the inside backhand padding to something thicker to eliminate the negative space. Also one of the pairs needs a re-palming.

I use 2 places depending on what I'm having done and what materials are being used. I recently sent some gloves to George's in Minnesota www.hockeyrepair.com and they had the work, repalm and new gussets done in a week.

there's also a fairly new place in Montreal called Custom Pro Repair http://www.customprorepair.com/  Pat Rivest was an employee at the Warrior factory. he can fix or mod just about anything. depending on what you're doing though the turn around time can be as long as 2 months because he is also doing work for several NHL teams which obviously takes precedence.

I had a negative experience with fixitbymail... i wanted to have a pair of easton zair gloves repalmed and the inside padding replaced.. They repalmed the gloves with a very stiff black nash type palm that i didnt ask for.. instead of replacing the inside padding, they cut them out........... had no luck with the customer service.

i dont think the work was bad, but just wrong..  this was a number of years ago, so maybe it has changed.. 

Thanks avery for the feedback on them! Yrhmblnr8r thank you so much for letting me know about repalming.com. I just got off the phone with Charlie and I'm definitely going through him! Sounds like a great guy who knows what he's doing.

If you're just looking to fill space on your backhand, I've added craft store foam to my gloves and they now fit like a... 

It couldn't have been more simple, the liner holds it in place and it hasn't shifted at all.