Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

16 hours ago, abcd said:

When are the 1N's coming out?

Edit: brain fart. They're in the catalog so i guess sometime this year. Anyone? 

Edited by leonzhu
My own stupidity

10 hours ago, mjpisat said:

What upgrades do the s180's have over the previous supreme 180?

HYDRA MAX liner and flexible tendon guard.

On 4/2/2016 at 4:55 AM, mjpisat said:

What upgrades do the s180's have over the previous supreme 180?

The S180 was my favorite price point in the line. It comes with the same tendon guard found on the MX3, the same liner found on the 190 and the tongue is slightly upgraded compared to the previous 180. 

• Like 1

The 5000/5500/7500 was my go-to helmet.  Best fit I could find.   Anyone have suggestions for a similar-fitting helmet?  I'm open to non-Bauer options as well (sorry if that's inappropriate for this thread).

So.......I was in makos and going back to a more traditional skate.  Settled on Jetspeed and supremes best suited for my foot shape.  By chance stumbled on a deal for brand new Jetspeed for $180!  Really like them but one thing I didn't think too much about and miss is the flexible tendon guard of the mako.  The supreme 190 had it and the new s180 does as well.

So I'm looking to maybe buy supreme and ditch the JD.  So...the 190 are $415 and s180 $500.  I don't really need a top of the line stiff boot.  Plus not sure about the super thick 190 tongue.  I'm not that worried about the s180 being more expensive if it's the right boot.

But I do really like the fit and feel of the JS.  It's not overly stiff.  Any suggestions on which to go with that'll give similar stiffness and feel to JS?

There are some changes from the previous Vapor gloves:

1X Pro has the pro ivory nash palm with overlay.

1X has the addition of XRD to the backhand and palm is now AX Suede Quattro grip.

X900 adds 37.5 to the liner and triple density foams.  Palm is the same as the 1X.

X800 adds Thermo Max to the liner and PE inserts.

On 4/12/2016 at 3:08 AM, Bbd94 said:

Is it just me but do the Vapor gloves look completely unchanged at all, except the name? 

I read somewhere (catalogue perhaps?) that the 1X will have a taper at the cuffroll, whereas the 1X Pro seems to have the same fitment as the APX 2/ APX 2 Pro. In the pics, it does look like the 1X glove tightens significantly at the cuffroll, before flaring out at the cuff.

On April 12, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Bbd94 said:

Is it just me but do the Vapor gloves look completely unchanged at all, except the name? 

I have the apx2 pro and just got the 1x pro. I would say that the 1x pro is lighter and definitely noticeable to me. Also, the 1x pro fits more snug in the fingers and backhand without restricting mobility in the cuff. The heel of the Palm on the 1x looks beefier without adding another layer.

The design doesn't look like it's changed much though. I prefer the feel of the 1x pro.

On April 19, 2016 at 11:53 PM, farnarkler said:

Perhaps I wasn't the only person who ordered a pair of MX3 skates with a 1X tongue. Never was a fan of the default tongue and now Bauer have rectified what I saw as a problem. 

I probably would prefer the mx3 tongue myself because I heard you can change the stiffness in the tongue. There is a ton of forward flex in the vapor series and wish it was more stiffer in the tongue in my vapor skates.

40 minutes ago, Solo_man11 said:

I probably would prefer the mx3 tongue myself because I heard you can change the stiffness in the tongue. There is a ton of forward flex in the vapor series and wish it was more stiffer in the tongue in my vapor skates.

That's the beauty of the 1S tongue, pro-esque felt thickness but with the customizable forward flex inserts. Best of both worlds. 

• Like 1

So I tried the 1S skates yesterday, but found that I had to move down a half size (normally am 7.5EE Bauer, currently wear 7EE RBZ) to a 7EE. Has anyone else found that they could drop down half a size? Or could be just me.