Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2016 CCM Super Tacks

The CCM Tacks line is being refreshed for 2016, starting with the Super Tacks skate.

It's an interesting boot - the boot is an one-piece carbon fiber frame that is very anatomical.  The skate doesn't have an outsole nor a seam anywhere.  The toecap is riveted in - you'll see in the pictures below that there is a peg right where the toecap and outer meet.

I need to verify that the tongue has indeed changed.  Originally it was supposed to be a molded tongue that has bound edges, but the stock pictures sent to me a few days ago don't.  Will update as soon as I know.

Also features their Totaldri liner, with abrasion patches around the top eyelet. Their Smooth Contour Pro is on the edge of the top of the boot for comfort.

CCM Custom footbeds and Speedblade Black round out this skate.

CCM is running a contest for seeders; you'd have to submit a video.

https://supertacks.ccmhockey.com

ST_FeltTongue.jpg

ST_Monoframe.jpg

ST_Speedblade.jpg

CCM_SuperTacks1.jpg

CCM_SuperTacks2.jpg

16CCM_SuperTacks_Contest3.jpg

16CCM_SuperTacks_Contest4.jpg

16CCM_SuperTacks_Contest5.jpg

16CCM_SuperTacks_Contest1.jpg

• Like 1

Looks nice. I wonder how this boot will compare to the mako's. Same design concept with the one piece boot.

Definitely looking forward to these if I am not able to find any mako 2's in the future when I need a new pair of skates.

• Like 1

Very interesting. It'll be great to hear comparisons from people who try these after having had the various Van Horne built or inspired skates. I wonder what they'll cost.

Edit: I wonder how they'll compare to the previous Tacks as well. It's hard to tell from the picture, but are they not as forward leaning as the previous line? I read the download and didn't see anything about the boot lean/pitch in there.

Edited by flip12

25 minutes ago, hawk11 said:

Looks like a nice boot.  Will they still be the widest and deepest of the CCM line even though they are very anatomical?

I'm wondering the same thing.  Seems like the Jet Speed got narrower compared to the RBZ, so maybe they'll follow the pattern with these and slim them down.  As far as I know the current Tacks are made on the same lasts that the original Tacks were made, but I may have gotten bad information.

Man, CCM has really stepped up their game. First the LE,s for the JetSpeed and Ribcore skates and now these! Depending on how they they fit, I might give CCM another shot. Haven't skated CCM since my 1052's in high school !

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tpedersen3118 said:

Man, CCM has really stepped up their game. First the LE,s for the JetSpeed and Ribcore skates and now these! Depending on how they they fit, I might give CCM another shot. Haven't skated CCM since my 1052's in high school !

Nice avatar :) Second best hockey video game ever, after NHL94 for SNES.

4 hours ago, Vuronov said:

I'm hoping for a white option ala the Reebok K's (and old CCM tacks before that)!

But there's hardly anything to make white. Just the facing and tendon guard. That plus white graphics on the composite quarters could look good. Still, the toe box looks odd. Quite boxy indeed.

8 hours ago, sparky1 said:

Looks nice. I wonder how this boot will compare to the mako's. Same design concept with the one piece boot.

Definitely looking forward to these if I am not able to find any mako 2's in the future when I need a new pair of skates.

Sounds more like the Synergy boot to me.

20 hours ago, flip12 said:

But there's hardly anything to make white. Just the facing and tendon guard. That plus white graphics on the composite quarters could look good. Still, the toe box looks odd. Quite boxy indeed.

I agree, but even with just the white facing around the eyelets area to ankle to tendon guards, that would already make for a cool but not overly gaudy look. If you could also whiten out the black overlay on the heal and yellow and silver instep areas it would be even better, and harken back to the old CCM tacks heel lock! If there is an option to get any of this custom ordered down the road, I think I may have to get in on these skates (assuming good fit for my foot of course).

Being a diehard Mako fan, I wonder how these will compare to the fit/comfort of the Makos and how the pitch will be. I love the aggressive stance my Makos put me in and found it improved my skating even more. 

Edited by Vuronov
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Sounds more like the Synergy boot to me.

The synergy has an outsole on it by the looks of it.

Mako is 100% carbon fiber with no traditional outsole like this.

5 hours ago, GiancarloSFL said:

+1

Will they be available for a custom order? Don't know if depth wise it would work for me but would love a pair. 

Yes, but depth won't be able to be changed due to the fact that the carbon fiber outer goes all the way up, making it impossible to build in depth.  Hence why my post above yours.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2016 at 8:45 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes, but depth won't be able to be changed due to the fact that the carbon fiber outer goes all the way up, making it impossible to build in depth.  Hence why my post above yours.

Would it have more depth than the Jetspeed?  The Tacks right now have plenty but im in between both. 

Edited by GiancarloSFL

So are the only major differences between the super tacks skate and the ultra tacks the one piece boot and therefore the ultra tacks falling lower in price point? Are there other major differences?