Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2016 CCM Super Tacks

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 4:14 PM, hawk11 said:

Looks like a nice boot.  Will they still be the widest and deepest of the CCM line even though they are very anatomical?

I'm also wondering about this, current Ribcor's are falling apart.Since the super tacks is a 360 fit shouldn't it just the with of any players foot after being molded?

wonder if they need to be heat moulded too?, don't really like doing that.

Edited by GQRDY
Forgot stuff

7 hours ago, GQRDY said:

I'm also wondering about this, current Ribcor's are falling apart.Since the super tacks is a 360 fit shouldn't it just the with of any players foot after being molded?

wonder if they need to be heat moulded too?, don't really like doing that.

Technically the RibCor's are built on the narrowest last but since it's a more flexible material, it tends to open up for wider feet. That being said, I went from a RibCor D to a Super Tacks EE without too much of an issue. I would definitely recommend heat molding them regardless, it makes a significant difference especially in the forefoot. 

Edited by IW Team - Chase
Widest -> Narrowest (haven't had coffee yet)
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Technically the RibCor's are built on the widest last but since it's a more flexible material, it tends to open up for wider feet. That being said, I went from a RibCor D to a Super Tacks EE without too much of an issue. I would definitely recommend heat molding them regardless, it makes a significant difference especially in the forefoot. 

cool thanks, I'm defiantly going to try a pair on.

A lot of times I get pain at the sides of both my feet straight after taking my skates off so maybe the Ribcor's are a bit to narrow, never had this problem with my 11k but I think they were wider.

just that I did it once on a pair of Alkali skates and had nothing but problems with the fit.

20 hours ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Technically the RibCor's are built on the narrowest last but since it's a more flexible material, it tends to open up for wider feet. That being said, I went from a RibCor D to a Super Tacks EE without too much of an issue. I would definitely recommend heat molding them regardless, it makes a significant difference especially in the forefoot. 

How's the volume of the super tack skates? Thats my biggest problem, the tacks right now have plenty for me just hoping these do as well. 

3 hours ago, GiancarloSFL said:

How's the volume of the super tack skates? Thats my biggest problem, the tacks right now have plenty for me just hoping these do as well. 

When I wear Supremes, I have to lace them outside-in to gain a little more volume to avoid dreaded lace bite. These Super Tacks didn't give me any issue at all, they should be able to fit the majority of feet.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2016 at 11:13 AM, flip12 said:

Very interesting. It'll be great to hear comparisons from people who try these after having had the various Van Horne built or inspired skates. I wonder what they'll cost.

Edit: I wonder how they'll compare to the previous Tacks as well. It's hard to tell from the picture, but are they not as forward leaning as the previous line? I read the download and didn't see anything about the boot lean/pitch in there.

Hey, I'm just taking a few moments to read through this thread and see if i can help people that have with questions they have on the new skate.

The fit on the Super Tacks will be quite different from the 2014 Tacks. The one-piece boot frame of the Super Tacks allows us to have a far more precise and anatomical shape, which also allowed us to get closer to the foot. So It will have a medium forefoot and volume. At a recent demo event, it fit properly on just about everyone, right out of the box.

The pitch of the skate is a regular one, similar JetSpeed.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BelangerJS said:

Hey, I'm just taking a few moments to read through this thread and see if i can help people that have with questions they have on the new skate.

The fit on the Super Tacks will be quite different from the 2014 Tacks. The one-piece boot frame of the Super Tacks allows us to have a far more precise and anatomical shape, which also allowed us to get closer to the foot. So It will have a medium forefoot and volume. At a recent demo event, it fit properly on just about everyone, right out of the box.

The pitch of the skate is a regular one, similar JetSpeed.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions. 

Do you know how they are sized, my LHS said there was some new way of fitting them since the boot is so different.

got measured up as a 7.5D in ccm but wear an 8D in the reebok Ribcors.

should I go with the 7.5?

On 3/3/2016 at 11:14 AM, hawk11 said:

Looks like a nice boot.  Will they still be the widest and deepest of the CCM line even though they are very anatomical?

On 3/3/2016 at 11:44 AM, Yerksy said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  Seems like the Jet Speed got narrower compared to the RBZ, so maybe they'll follow the pattern with these and slim them down.  As far as I know the current Tacks are made on the same lasts that the original Tacks were made, but I may have gotten bad information.

Great question from the both of you. The Super Tacks will have a completely redesigned anatomical fit that is Medium in all the key dimensions (forefoot, heel, volume).

That means the 2016 Tacks line will be more narrow than the 2014 Tacks line. It remains our widest fit, but note that our CCM fits are now really playing in the narrow (RibCor, JetSpeed) to medium (Super Tacks) range . We will of course offer an EE version as well.  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2016 at 9:25 PM, GiancarloSFL said:

Would it have more depth than the Jetspeed?  The Tacks right now have plenty but im in between both. 

A lot of people are asking about the difference in fit between the JetSpeed and the Super Tacks. Here's a quick explanation:

- Super Tacks will have a medium forefoot, while JetSpeed has a slightly more narrow forefoot.

- Both skates have a medium volume.

Feel free to send me a message if you would need more information, thanks!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2016 at 9:37 PM, adam14 said:

So are the only major differences between the super tacks skate and the ultra tacks the one piece boot and therefore the ultra tacks falling lower in price point? Are there other major differences?

The major difference between the Super Tacks and the Ultra Tacks is the one piece boot frame on the Super Tacks versus a traditional 2-piece boot construction on the Ultra Tacks (carbon fiber boot and carbon fibre outsole).

Other elements which separate the two are:

- Super Tacks includes the CCM Custom Currex Footbed (high, med or low arch support)

- Super Tacks starts at size 4, Ultra Tacks starts at size 1 and also has a youth offering

- The price. The Super Tacks is set to be advertised at $899 in the US whereas the Ultra Tacks will be $699.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, GQRDY said:

Do you know how they are sized, my LHS said there was some new way of fitting them since the boot is so different.

got measured up as a 7.5D in ccm but wear an 8D in the reebok Ribcors.

should I go with the 7.5?

Sizing was adjusted for the 2016 Tacks line. Most stores have not received the most recent Super Tacks sizing tool, so you were likely sized on an older version of the brannock or FootDisc. The new sizing is actually 0.5 higher than JetSpeed and RibCor/Reebok.

That means: If you're a size 8D in Reebok RibCors, you are a size 8.5D in Super Tacks and the entire 2016 Tacks line..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BelangerJS said:

Sizing was adjusted for the 2016 Tacks line. Most stores have not received the most recent Super Tacks sizing tool, so you were likely sized on an older version of the brannock or FootDisc. The new sizing is actually 0.5 higher than JetSpeed and RibCor/Reebok.

That means: If you're a size 8D in Reebok RibCors, you are a size 8.5D in Super Tacks and the entire 2016 Tacks line..

Yeah I was sized on the Footdisk, just to get something to go on and will get measured up again when they get the new tool and training.

thanks

A lot of people are asking about the difference in fit between the JetSpeed and the Super Tacks. Here's a quick explanation:

- Super Tacks will have a medium forefoot, while JetSpeed has a slightly more narrow forefoot.

- Both skates have a medium volume.

Feel free to send me a message if you would need more information, thanks!

what about the heel width? will it be also more narrow than on the 2014 tacks?

i had some heel slippage in the tacks, whereas my heel is locked in the jetspeeds, but the forefoot is slightly to narrow

So size 6.5 JS means size 7 in 2016 tacks?

3 hours ago, GQRDY said:

Yeah I was sized on the Footdisk, just to get something to go on and will get measured up again when they get the new tool and training.

thanks

Seems about right. If you were 7.5 on the foot disc, means you will be an 8.5 on Super Tacks 2016. Glad you'll try them out!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BelangerJS said:

Seems about right. If you were 7.5 on the foot disc, means you will be an 8.5 on Super Tacks 2016. Glad you'll try them out!

yeah I kind of want to move away from the Ribcor, something a bit stiffer and lighter, if they fit my foot well I think I will be taking a pair home :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank_33 said:

what about the heel width? will it be also more narrow than on the 2014 tacks?

i had some heel slippage in the tacks, whereas my heel is locked in the jetspeeds, but the forefoot is slightly to narrow

So size 6.5 JS means size 7 in 2016 tacks?

The description you're giving is just about perfect for a Super Tacks. We tightened up the heel A LOT on the Super Tacks vs the 2014 Tacks and it's similar in dimension to the JetSpeed except that it is anatomically shaped (asymmetrical ankle bone placement) rather than symmetrical (on JetSpeed), so your heel lock is further improved in the shape of our 2016 skate.

The forefoot is a hint roomier than JetSpeed and is best described as a medium width.

and that size conversion is exactly what I changed into: a 6.5D JetSpeed into a 7D Super Tacks

Awesomw, thanks, sounds like it could be a good fit.

Do you happen to know if the release date for europe is the same as for north america (22.7.16)?

20 hours ago, BelangerJS said:

Great question from the both of you. The Super Tacks will have a completely redesigned anatomical fit that is Medium in all the key dimensions (forefoot, heel, volume).

That means the 2016 Tacks line will be more narrow than the 2014 Tacks line. It remains our widest fit, but note that our CCM fits are now really playing in the narrow (RibCor, JetSpeed) to medium (Super Tacks) range . We will of course offer an EE version as well.  

Thanks for all the info.

Will these be as super stiff as this current model of Tacks or will it be a little more like the Jetspeed and Ribcor?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hawk11 said:

Thanks for all the info.

Will these be as super stiff as this current model of Tacks or will it be a little more like the Jetspeed and Ribcor?

Definitely the stiffest skate I've ever used. World of difference in stiffness compared to RibCor & a solid jump from JetSpeed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Definitely the stiffest skate I've ever used. World of difference in stiffness compared to RibCor & a solid jump from JetSpeed.

Well that must be pretty stiff. I thought the Bauer supreme mx3 was pretty stiff. How do the tacks compare to those in stiffness 

6 minutes ago, hawk11 said:

Well that must be pretty stiff. I thought the Bauer supreme mx3 was pretty stiff. How do the tacks compare to those in stiffness 

Similar but I'd still give the edge to Super Tacks in overall stiffness even though the MX3's have the one-piece lacing system. 

18 hours ago, hawk11 said:

Yeah, we use carbon fiber in the skate so it is a stiff construction that maximizes responsiveness. It's also important to note that the carbon fiber used in this skate is uniquely and extremely responsive to heat molding, so once you bake them, they are very malleable while they're hot and molding to your feet. Once they cool down and lock into your fit, the stiffness won't hinder your comfort, it really just benefits you in terms of how reactive the skates are to your movements.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions!

On 4/16/2016 at 10:22 AM, BelangerJS said:

Yeah, we use carbon fiber in the skate so it is a stiff construction that maximizes responsiveness. It's also important to note that the carbon fiber used in this skate is uniquely and extremely responsive to heat molding, so once you bake them, they are very malleable while they're hot and molding to your feet. Once they cool down and lock into your fit, the stiffness won't hinder your comfort, it really just benefits you in terms of how reactive the skates are to your movements.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions!

Are they on par with mako 2 moldability and wrap?

On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 10:27 PM, IW Team - Chase said:

Would this take quite a bit of adjustment? time to get used too? coming from the Ribcor then?

10 hours ago, Xero117 said:

Are they on par with mako 2 moldability and wrap?

Because of my position as CCM representative, I don't want to compare the two products, it would sound too "marketingy" anyways.

What i can do is show you a raw and untouched example of how i punched a skate out during a testing phase, to see how responsive the carbon fiber skate materials were to heat molding. Again, this was just a lab test to see how far we can push the materials, it wasn't an actual punch for any player. Send me your email by direct message and i'll show you. I don't think i can post a picture on this thread (unless I'm completely clueless on how to do so...)

JS

• Like 1