Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AIREAYE

Bauer jeans (by Chip Foster)

Hey guys, 

Ever since this product line showed up in Bauer's catalog a couple years ago, I've been very curious about them. 

Has anyone had a chance to wear them? Which fit did you choose? How did you like the fit? Comfort? Durability?

Shop guys who have/are carrying them, how's the feedback?

I'm looking to order at least a pair and would love some feedback!

I was unaware that Chip was doing jeans for Bauer. I know the other twin, Pepper, has two identical clothing hockey lines , one at TH (Hipczech) and one at HM(Monkey Sports). The jeans are identical and are being heavily discounted at both sites.  Their jeans under the label Chip and Pepper are  quite high end, think Diesel, good quality light denim.

I don't own a pair, but some of my employees do.  They do have a bit of stretch to them.

One of them says it's more durable than the Gongshow jeans; he blew through those really quickly.

Is there anything special about these, or are they just jeans with a Bauer label to grab parent's money?

I'm specifically hoping they are cut for hockey players- bigger butt and thighs compared to the rest of the fit. 

1 hour ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Sizes are goofy too, they definitely need to be tried on as they run big. 

Big in waist or length? Or both?

I went down a waist size in mine and almost could have gone down two. Super comfortable. But I've found that the Levi 541's are a comparable option for almost half the price.

1 hour ago, AIREAYE said:

Big in waist or length? Or both?

My son tried on a couple of pairs but they did not fit "right".........they were true to length, but the waist 28 was off, fit like 30-31...........lots of room in the waist. I am not sure if it was generic or a one off batch. Personally, it would be something  I would want to try on first and also as JR mentioned they have elastane, which might not be for everyone.

Thanks guys, unfortunately I don't have any retailers that I know of near me to try on, so I'll be ordering online via staff order. I was leaning towards 32" waist, even though I used to wear 30", but have gained some weight since. I suppose I'll go back to 30" given this feedback and the fact that it has the stretch to it.

21 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Sizes are goofy too, they definitely need to be tried on as they run big. 

Myabe they are actually meant to be worn over a girdle. Jeans are the new cooperalls. 

Haha, I looked over the Bauer catalog again and have a clue as to why you all agree on its wacky sizing. Taking my own measurements, I would likely be a 32 in other jeans since all my 30s are tight at this point. However, my measurements correspond more with the '30' size shown below than 32. I intend to order a single pair and go from there. 

bauer pant sizes.PNG

pffft, it you want jeans with stretch in them, save your $$ (for new gear) and head down to Eaton Centre, and pick up a pair from a retailer like Levi, Aeropostale, AE, Express et.al. :)  (sorry, i work for one of these retailers {corporate side} and IMHO I think theres better things to spend your $$ on then over priced Bauer branded jeans) 

6 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

pffft, it you want jeans with stretch in them, save your $$ (for new gear) and head down to Eaton Centre, and pick up a pair from a retailer like Levi, Aeropostale, AE, Express et.al. :)  (sorry, i work for one of these retailers {corporate side} and IMHO I think theres better things to spend your $$ on then over priced Bauer branded jeans) 

I will do that if you can guarantee that I get an equivalent pair for $37.50CAD pre-tax... staff order, like I said a few posts up.

1 hour ago, sectachrome said:

I don't get the hockey lifestyle clothing thing at all. Hats, tees, hoodies, sure. But jeans and button downs? Why??

See above.

But you know what I don't get? Why you're even commenting in this thread.

13 hours ago, AIREAYE said:

I will do that if you can guarantee that I get an equivalent pair for $37.50CAD pre-tax... staff order, like I said a few posts up.

See above.

There's no guarantee in life... But I'll bet you get a better pair from a retailer that's been in the jeans business a lot longer then Bauer has been. 

Levi Strauss  created riveted-for-strength workwear made of true blue denim. On May 20, 1873 the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office grants patent #139,121 to Levi Strauss & Co. and Jacob Davis for their invention.

Just sayin' :)

all and all, i hope you're happy with your purchase.  

A simple question has taken off tangentially.  As for Levi Strauss, reading their history is reason enough never to purchase any of their offerings. 

15 hours ago, AIREAYE said:

See above.

You're right, sorry if I offended you. Enjoy your hockey jeans.

3 minutes ago, sectachrome said:

You're right, sorry if I offended you. Enjoy your hockey jeans.

I think you're mixing up the meaning of 'offend' with 'confused'. As in, you're 'confused' about the popularity of hockey lifestyle apparel, you're 'confused' about exactly what these jeans are about and specifically, that I'm confused as to why you're still posting here.

And thank you, I will! I'll post some feedback later that I'm sure you're eagerly awaiting.

27 minutes ago, fcalog said:

A simple question has taken off tangentially.  As for Levi Strauss, reading their history is reason enough never to purchase any of their offerings. 

Thanks for the sizing tips! I incorporated them into the order.

2 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

There's no guarantee in life... But I'll bet you get a better pair from a retailer that's been in the jeans business a lot longer then Bauer has been. 

Levi Strauss  created riveted-for-strength workwear made of true blue denim. On May 20, 1873 the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office grants patent #139,121 to Levi Strauss & Co. and Jacob Davis for their invention.

Just sayin' :)

all and all, i hope you're happy with your purchase.  

Thanks! I do know some of the founding history already, but the history in the 90s is definitely... Interesting.

It's clear that neither you nor that other guy seem to understand the definition of the verb 'to offend'. I suggest Merriam-Webster.

It's also clear to all that you are offering absolutely nothing of value to this conversation. Instead of explaining why Levi's, the brand which you seen to have accidentally revealed as your employer, is a superior product (still irrelevant to this thread, but I'll take it), you choose to attack the brand on subject and in turn, embarrass your own brand. I suggest you either contribute, or simply stop.

my contribution was try other brands you could try on in a store (Eaton Centre) instead of blindly buying a brand of jeans based on their reputation on another category of market share completely.  your retort was i should guarantee you the same fit and value from all of the brands i listed. And i do not work for Levi's, just using them as an established brand in the apparel market.  ...going off to buy some new shin guards from Super Dry now.

enjoy your hockey jeans