Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Does anybody have reviews on the verbero vortex skate have looked around and don't see to much info in regards to how it fits and feels on the ice. The one piece design caught my eye especially for the price. And I see they sell the boot individually so is it possible to get the boot and put LSE holder on it?

The new skate sounds crazy with the titanium toe cap. The one they have on site is $300 which is about the price range I will spend for skate . A bit hesitant to drop that kind of money on a skate that has very little info I can find and also doesn't have a place where I can even try them on to see how they fit :/ 

Hi guys, we're working on a variety of new skates for ice and inline. I'm sorry I haven't been too vocal on here. 

I'll try to throw out more information during our development process. 

Not sure what bad reviews you're referring too. We had one person who reviewed a product over a year ago. We have since made many updates to our stock models. 

32 minutes ago, phantomowner27 said:

Hi guys, we're working on a variety of new skates for ice and inline. I'm sorry I haven't been too vocal on here. 

Not sure what bad reviews you're referring too. We had one person who reviewed a product over a year ago. We have since made many updates to our stock models. 

Hey Phantom,

Can you tell us a little bit about the fit of your current skate offering? I understand they're highly heat mold-able... But what does the fit of the skate best compare to... Vapor, Supreme, Or Nexus??? 

Thank you in advance!

Hi Sawchuk, the boot on our Vortex is very heat moldable and it's also very wide. It's more similar to a Nexus but not exactly the same. If you have an extremely narrow foot it may not be the best choice. 

Also, some of our newer skates will have several different fit options. The new fit would be like if a Vapor and a VH had a baby ;)  Although we try not to be like other companies, we strive to be aware of what the customer likes the best. 

1 hour ago, Troubadour said:

Didn't the rest of their products get pretty bad reviews? 

I haven't seen to many reviews of their product in general but from I have seen their gloves seem to have gotten good reviews. Gloves are one thing skates are another though and for $300 I want to make sure I am getting my monies worth In terms of fit,quality,durability, etc...

55 minutes ago, phantomowner27 said:

You guys don't really have many other reviews  (not from Shops) on your products. Perhaps it may be a good idea to get these new products out in to the hand of consumers to do an actual review and not just first impressions. As the only real long term review I have found is the one that is on here.

Just a thought though.

Edited by Troubadour

1 minute ago, Troubadour said:

You guys don't really have many other reviews  (not from Shops) on your products. Perhaps it may be a good idea to get these new products out in to the hand of consumers to review. Just a thought.

I was just about to suggest that idea trou. I saw the video with the nhl players testimonial on YouTube but let's be honest no one looks at professionals testimonials any more it's more by word of mouth and how it feels for the consumer and then the consumer to spread the word through social media and places like here 

Thank you for the feedback guys. We're working on a new line of products as soon as they're ready we'll be looking forward to getting them into the hands of players to review. In the meantime, there are some reviews on YouTube and on blogs. We're happy to see that most of them are quite positive. However, we do appreciate negative feedback and have taken a lot of the given suggestions into account for our new products. 

Phantom maybe you can answer this question then. What's the return policy like. In essence I am forced to (if I want to try the skates) to by them sight unseen where as with other skates I can go to my local shop and try them on and get a good sense on how they will feel on my foot before the purchase. I know it helps to cut costs with no middle man and no distributor, but do you offer refunds or exchanges for people that invest in your skates and find to fit not to their liking?

1 hour ago, phantomowner27 said:

Hi Sawchuk, the boot on our Vortex is very heat moldable and it's also very wide. It's more similar to a Nexus but not exactly the same. If you have an extremely narrow foot it may not be the best choice. 

Also, some of our newer skates will have several different fit options. The new fit would be like if a Vapor and a VH had a baby ;)  Although we try not to be like other companies, we strive to be aware of what the customer likes the best. 

Thank you for the quick response. I currently wear Vapor 1x because I like the tighter heel fit/ lock, but always have to punch out the the outside fore-foot area  due to my wide fore-foot.

I been wearing the Verbero inline skates for about the last four months now. I love them. I was really surprised with how stiff they are which I love and with the carbon fiber chassis really makes me feel I can push off better then any other inline skate I've ever wore. In the ankle it reminds me of the feel of a Bauer supreme skate but it's more wide through the rest of the skate which is also very nice if you have more of a wide foot. I think the skate is very comfortable and form fitting after baking them. A pretty cool feature to the skate is the adjustable tongue which I think is nice if you choose to tuck your tongue in your shin pad or to go tongues out. If you are looking for an inline skate with an ice hockey boot stiffness at a good price you should definitely give these skates a shot. I have been extremely happy with these skates.

Edited by infamous

2 hours ago, phantomowner27 said:

The new fit would be like if a Vapor and a VH had a baby ;)

If you guys ever decide to send out demo pairs, I'd love to try them out. Currently wearing custom VH's, so I'm curious to see how Verbero's stack up, and I would be more than happy to give an in-depth (brutally) honest review. :biggrin:

Edited by mc88

Hi Pandada, your point is extremely valid. We've been working on ways to make our product more accessible to all. Currently we offer free shipping and free returns/exchanges on all our gloves, sticks and skates. If once received, the customer feels like they are not the right size or product, we provide an easy exchange through our site, no questions asked within the first 30 days. 

I will add we're working on a custom program for our skates as well. I'm headed to the factory one week from today and will have more info when I return in early April. 

Edited by phantomowner27
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, phantomowner27 said:

mc88, we only have a few demo pairs currently for the new prototypes but once finalized we will be hosting a number of demo days for the skates, gloves and sticks. 

maybe you want to head back east (since you're from The 'Burgh originally) and set up a booth at Summer jam???   ...yes, sadly, i'm in marketing, and always think this way

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phantomowner27 said:

Always looking for a reason to go back to the burgh :) 

Be careful for what you wish for.

Really floating the idea of Pittsburgh for a potential SJ site - at the new facility in Cranberry for the Penguins.

• Like 3

My friend just got these in January. He hasn't really had them long enough I don't think to ask him how he likes them though. I think he had to put certain holders on them. Maybe Graf. I'll check with him and see if I can give an update. 

9 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Be careful for what you wish for.

Really floating the idea of Pittsburgh for a potential SJ site - at the new facility in Cranberry for the Penguins.

I would love to go to that.