Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
A2rhino

Reebok/CCM Pro glove codes

A  friend of mine just picked up a pair of Reebok 11K gloves. The code inside says 11KP XP. I have a pair of these as well however mine don't say XP. Curious what the XP stands for. extra padding??

CCM has been known to add the extra "X" in some of their protective line. For example, for their pants: ULCX vs UCLP or HP 45X vs HP 45. Someone compared both and didn't notice much of a visual difference, but suspected the "X" meant there was a difference in padding, as it seemed a bit bulkier/heavier.

My guess is that the "P" stands for "pro" or "pro spec", as I know the HP 45s are a pro model equivalent to the current RBZ pant line up.

Edited by mc88

Do the CCM pro stock glove codes match up to particular retail lines? I always see HG and then a two digit number. 

In particular, I’m looking at HG12 and HG41, if anyone has any idea what those are. 

16 hours ago, start_today said:

Do the CCM pro stock glove codes match up to particular retail lines? I always see HG and then a two digit number. 

In particular, I’m looking at HG12 and HG41, if anyone has any idea what those are. 

HG= hockey glove

HG12 model is the most commonly used NHL model, even though it's been dc'd for years.

Howdy,

I got a pair of these prostock... I thought it was similar to the Warrior Covert QRL / QRE... Reasonably tight fitting, with a floating cuff to protect your wrist.

I'm a huge fan of the Covert QRL stuff and like the HG12.  Only downside I experience was that I wore a hole in the palm super fast, but I would assume that that will depend entirely on what palm material the ones you find come with.

Mark

• Like 1

21 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I got a pair of these prostock... I thought it was similar to the Warrior Covert QRL / QRE... Reasonably tight fitting, with a floating cuff to protect your wrist.

I'm a huge fan of the Covert QRL stuff and like the HG12.  Only downside I experience was that I wore a hole in the palm super fast, but I would assume that that will depend entirely on what palm material the ones you find come with.

Mark

That was the biggest shock when I re-entered hockey six plus years back was the glove palms. I am so old that most glove palms, even in nylon-wrapped Senior editions were either horse or cow hyde, and they took FOREVER to break in! 

I liked the instant break in of the modern, synthetic palms, but eventually would custom order Eagle gloves with a goat palm, which was the closest to what I used to play in, albeit slightly softer. 

I am thinking 99.9% of NHL/ers use synthetic palms, now.

Sorry for the tangent...

On 3/10/2019 at 10:23 PM, start_today said:

HG12 is pro stock equivalent to the old Reebok 11K. 

HG41 is the CL500 with reinforced palms. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 1:26 PM, bunnyman666 said:

That was the biggest shock when I re-entered hockey six plus years back was the glove palms. I am so old that most glove palms, even in nylon-wrapped Senior editions were either horse or cow hyde, and they took FOREVER to break in! 

I liked the instant break in of the modern, synthetic palms, but eventually would custom order Eagle gloves with a goat palm, which was the closest to what I used to play in, albeit slightly softer. 

I am thinking 99.9% of NHL/ers use synthetic palms, now.

Sorry for the tangent...

Pros also have equipment managers on demand to repair their gear or have a steady supply of new gloves so they can sacrifice durability for performance. 

1 minute ago, CTB said:

Pros also have equipment managers on demand to repair their gear or have a steady supply of new gloves so they can sacrifice durability for performance. 

Yes they do! I saw how many pair some Blues went through in a season as I used to hang out at the St. Louis Mills practise facility. It was mind blowing; yet the craziest thing was how many helmets for tryouts/training camp were reused! 

2 hours ago, CTB said:

HG12 is pro stock equivalent to the old Reebok 11K. 

HG41 is the CL500 with reinforced palms. 

Thanks! Is there a resource anywhere that explains their different pro lines? 

Weird how CCM has the prostock type codes, and Bauer seems to just use the retail names. 

They don't necessarily have a straight glossary of pro stock models and their retail equivalents, but you can probably find what you're looking for:

http://www.sports2k.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7-ccm-pro-stock-gloves/

The more recent models have a naming convention much closer to the retail names, like HGTK is the Ultra Tacks, HGQL is the Quick Lites. 

I read through it as well, most of those guys seem to know the models so they aren’t called out explicitly.  Struggling to find gloves to replace my Eagle X70s.  I like the Alphas but not the retail cuff, too restrictive.  The ones you custom order seem to have a different cuff so that may be an option or the CCM HG97 ssem to be a traditional glove with a flexible cuff.  Or the HG96, but hard to tell if the difference between the two is justa slightly different cuff.

To those of you who own a pair of pro stock CCM gloves, do they run true to size? I tried ordering a pair of quicklite gloves and they felt significantly smaller than most other gloves at 13" and I haven't bothered with CCM gloves since then. I'm currently looking at ordering a pair of HG97 or HG98 gloves from sidelineswap but I've decided to hold off until I can get some feedback. 

10 hours ago, jdvn said:

To those of you who own a pair of pro stock CCM gloves, do they run true to size? I tried ordering a pair of quicklite gloves and they felt significantly smaller than most other gloves at 13" and I haven't bothered with CCM gloves since then. I'm currently looking at ordering a pair of HG97 or HG98 gloves from sidelineswap but I've decided to hold off until I can get some feedback. 

It depends whether it's team stock or for a player. I've noticed that certain player gloves will be sized a bit different than team stock.