Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JONES199

Jr. Stick with oversize blade?

My son has been using Graf revolt sticks and G75's before that.  The primary reason in the availability of an oversize blade.  Does any other manufacturer make a Jr. stick with a bigger paddle?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any manufacturer that makes a senior sized blade on a junior stick.  I've been looking for years.  I think my very old Bauer Vapor XXX Lite junior stick had a senior sized blade.  But I don't know of any recent sticks with this characteristic.  If you find such a manufacturer, please let me know!!

The GRAF blade pattern 22 is definitely oversized and he loves it but the new Revolts have proven to be fragile.  He keeps breaking the shafts.  The older model G's were very durable but that may be that he's almost out of length on the Jr's, it may well be time to just go to intermediate sticks. 

BASE intermediates go down to 45 flex. That's pretty much junior flex territory. But you also have to consider how much you'll be cutting off the intermediate length, since that will raise the flex rating.

BASE only has Junior Pro sized sticks, which slots in between JR and INT sizing.  The blade size should be comparable.

1 hour ago, syinx said:

BASE only has Junior Pro sized sticks, which slots in between JR and INT sizing.  The blade size should be comparable.

Their Junior Pro sticks come with a junior sized blade. Their lowest flex with a senior sized blade is the intermediate 45 flex.

Unfortunately, using a low flex intermediate stick doesn't solve the problem that the intermediate shaft is bigger than the junior shaft.  If your son has small hands, that could be an issue.