Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

8 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Those are just the Carbon's, the Carbon Pro's are the hockey-specific insoles. They should be arriving in the new week or two. 

Oooooh. Thank you, I almost ordered them! 

BTW are they sized by skate size or by shoe size, do you know?

Do the Carbon Pro's new material still allow trim-to-fit the same as Yellow?

I'm sure i'll pick these up. Glad to support great products. Thanks Sean and Superfeet. 

Sorry for the delay in reponse, boys! Here's a link to purchasing direct from our site - though some of your normal stores may have them in stock already. https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/carbon-pro-hockey

@OptimusReim - They are sized by shoe size, as we've found that's typically a more accurate read for players since skate sizes fluctuate quite a bit. 

@milos Yes, these are trim-to-fit as well.

@brandonthequick These are a very different product, but the profile is pretty similiar to that of the Yellows. Should be an easy transition!

Edited by SeanCornell91
additional info
  • Like 1

Just by visually comparing the Yellow versus the Carbon Pro Hockey product images, it would appear to me that the Carbon Pro Hockey may be lower profile and possibly take up less volume than the yellows. The other thing you notice when comparing product images is that the yellow has a more pronounced arch support, as you can see by the plastic. The carbon pro hockey does not have that same arch support. This is just from eyeballing it. The potential lower volume is attractive to me as I would not mind more room versus what I have with the yellows.

Sean, can you confirm any of this?

4 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Wait, I must have missed the part about them being bake-able... 

I'm assuming they are bake able. I thought these were tabbed as a competitor to speed plates. I could very well be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time.

I know with the yellow's baking was not advised, I believe it had to do with the glue holding them together. Not sure about the carbons, but i wouldn't recommend it unless they're designed to be baked.

I'd like to know that too - are these new superfeets thermo-formable or not?

also I didn't realize speedplates crack? was it just with the first production batch? Bauer often pushes untested products and later on vastly improves on them based on the feedback, so they had over a year to perfect speedplates - have they worked all the kinks out of them?

on a side note - I've been on superfeet for over 10 years, then few months ago lost my 2nd pair in a row and send with the regular bauer insoles

to my surprise my edges felt Much better as if I was connected to the skate directly so I'm not entirely sold on the yellow superfeers anymore! LOL

Ice warehouse has a youtube video comparing the yellow superfeet vs. the new carbon.   Check that out.  Also, they don't mention anything about being baked.

• Like 1

So I watched Chase's video on IW and they say that the yellow is for more of a recreational player and then carbon pro is for the elite athlete.  I am neither for sure!  They also say that the yellow is more for comfort and the pro is more performance driven.

Question - Is the pro "less comfortable" than the yellow?  Or will it feel more or less the same but give me some performance benefits.

On 6/1/2016 at 3:52 PM, zen4life said:

Just by visually comparing the Yellow versus the Carbon Pro Hockey product images, it would appear to me that the Carbon Pro Hockey may be lower profile and possibly take up less volume than the yellows. The other thing you notice when comparing product images is that the yellow has a more pronounced arch support, as you can see by the plastic. The carbon pro hockey does not have that same arch support. This is just from eyeballing it. The potential lower volume is attractive to me as I would not mind more room versus what I have with the yellows.

Sean, can you confirm any of this?

Sorry for the delay here! They are slightly thinner. We knew that some reviews of the Yellow suggested that they "take up too much space" so we wanted that to no longer be a concern. The arch support is similar, but the feeling under your foot is going to be different. The Yellow will give more, and be more flexible underneath a foot, which isn't always the best for bigger players. The stronger EVOlyte material (the carbon fiber) is going to hold the shape/support more, giving a much more powerful feeling when in stride. 

@the_game @OptimusReim @SlaterC42 @SolarWind @flyers10 These are not designed to be baked! The specific heel-to-toe profile is something that we brought over from the yellow, so baking them could compromise the material and the fit. 

On 6/5/2016 at 2:25 AM, Cpatt04 said:

are they thinner then the speedplate ??

I do not have Speedplate's exact thickness, so it's hard to say for sure. 

On 6/5/2016 at 9:40 AM, dkmiller3356 said:

So I watched Chase's video on IW and they say that the yellow is for more of a recreational player and then carbon pro is for the elite athlete.  I am neither for sure!  They also say that the yellow is more for comfort and the pro is more performance driven.

Question - Is the pro "less comfortable" than the yellow?  Or will it feel more or less the same but give me some performance benefits.

The Carbon Pro Hockey is more performance driven because of the materials we used. The feeling through the arch will be similar, but stronger due to plastic vs. carbon fiber. Each comes with a 60 Day Comfort Guarantee, so you've got two months to figure out which works better for you!

Okay awesome. That was always the best part of super feet yellow: the heel stabilisation. If these are even more rigid that's probably s good thing for a 5'9" 235lb guy.

On 6/10/2016 at 1:47 AM, OptimusReim said:

Okay awesome. That was always the best part of super feet yellow: the heel stabilisation. If these are even more rigid that's probably s good thing for a 5'9" 235lb guy.

Yeah it's a huge benefit for some bigger guys. Personally, I'm a little light at 175lb so I didn't notice a huge difference in rigidity since I wouldn't come down super hard on the Yellow to begin with, but I notice the material difference big time on starts and stops, turns, and the first couple quick steps in a stride, it's much more responsive.

On 6/9/2016 at 11:08 PM, SeanCornell91 said:

They are slightly thinner.

Awesome Sean, that is exactly what I was hoping for! Going to have to order them now. Thanks!

• Like 1

So I stumbled onto this thread since I'm shopping for insoles now, and I'm wondering if the guys who have been skating on these yet have any thoughts to share? 

I've actually had the old, original gray Superfeet (which were meant for hockey skates back when I bought them) for years, and they've held up great so I never bothered to buy the yellow ones. I assumed when the time came for new ones it would be an easy choice to replace them, but I just got new skates and want to get new insoles-- but with this added choice of the Carbon Pro, I'm wondering which way to go. In addition to the pros/cons of the Yellow vs. Carbon Pro, I'm also curious if you guys can help me understand how these both compare to the older gray version? Was the Yellow a direct replacement/evolution of the original gray? If not, what is different? If I really love the original gray ones, does that point to a choice of one or other (Yellow vs. Carbon Pro?)

I'm not a heavy skater, (160lbs), and I'm just a rec league player (2-3 times a week on average), but volume is always a concern for me (I've always been one of those people whose eyelets are always super far apart from each other) and while the gray Superfeet didn't give me any complaints (and helped me get a better heel lock), I don't want to tempt fate with something that people complain about adding volume, compared to an alternative.

Thoughts welcome... Thanks!

Edited by vectoranalysisgo