Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ouhockeyplayer

Warrior Pro Stock Gloves Made in Phillipines?

I just picked up a pair of pro stock Zetterberg gloves and noticed on the tags that these were made in the Phillipines.  I thought Warrior made all their custom gloves in Canada.  At least that's where my custom Franchise gloves came from.  

The warrior pro factory closed October 2014, there are some made in canada gloves still floating around but everything has been made overseas since late 2014.

Those are most likely not Zetterberg pro stock gloves either, but rather a SMU model made to replicate them. They are still amazing though.

TPS had a lot of their stuff made in the Philippines, I want to say that it was Ponderosa doing their production. 

SMU = Special Make Up.  It's a product commissioned by a retailer that is different than retail offerings, or in some cases, a product that isn't offered at retail.

For example, here is another pair of Zetterberg gloves. These ones are AX1 skinned franchises.

http://www.tsrhockey.com/outer-protective/gloves/senior/warrior/warrior-pro-stock-glove.html

And here are actual AX1 Zetterberg gloves.

http://www.prostockhockey.com/player-protective/gloves/13-warrior-dynasty-ax1-pro-gloves-henrik-zetterberg-detroit-red-wings-1/

Thanks.  Your 2nd link with the actual AX1 gloves from prostockhockey.com are the gloves I actually purchased.  I called their store and they are claiming that they received them from Warrior as a design change that Zetterberg was going back and forth on.  He ended up not making the switch permanently to these so Warrior had a few pairs as overstock that they passed along to the retailer.  Not sure on the validity of it all, but that is at least what they are claiming.  

There was a discussion on here about a week ago on how valid PSH "Pro Stock" claims are. Regardless of the outcome you ended up getting a pair of gloves that aren't available retail and are very nice either way.

yeah, there's a lot of discussion about "pro return" vs "pro stock" vs "SMU". everybody has their opinions. did Zetts ever actually touch those gloves let alone play with them? most likely no but that doesn't change the fact that they're still really cool gloves (I have a pair of Zetts Sweden gloves) with mods that you can't get just anywhere else.