Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gosinger

Pants: Easton Pro 10 vs Pro 15

Hi,

I've been really interested in the Easton Pro 10 / Pro 15 pants. Since no local hockey store has either in-stock and there is very little information online, I thought maybe someone from the MSH community can comment on the differences between those two pants. From what I've been able to piece together, there are some differences in the kidney area and back of the leg protection, as-well as a different liner.

If anyone has some input on either of those pants or even might be able to compare them from experience, that would be great.

I've seen the pro 10. It has some solid protection. The 15 is supposedly comparable to a pro stock pant in terms of protection level.  So for a retail pant either higher than average protection or pants that are tanks. Both have been eligible for some huge discounts lately.

I bought a pair of the Pro 15's back in January and have been very happy with them.  They are definitely tanks in terms of protection, but they are still nice and mobile.  It took 2 or 3 skates and a little time wearing them around the house to feel broken in, but once that happened, very comfortable.  I've also found they run true to size, I wear a 30" waist in jeans and a size Small fits very nice, no need for suspendors.

Also on a purely aesthetic note, I like that the pro 15's are very clean, one embroidered logo on the left thighboard, no other branding on the outside

I have the Pro 15 as well and they are a solid pant. They are definitely the most protective top level pant I've seen out there. They do require a bit of a break in period to help loosen up but are very comfy out of the box. The length adjustment feature is a nice addition as well if you're tall. The material they use is also very heavy duty and durable. These are as close to a pro stock pant that I've found at retail level in protection, construction, and quality. 

I have the Pro 15 as well.  My first pair of pants were Warrior DT1's.  The construction and protection were awesome, but I am 5'9, 180lbs with a 33 waist, and the mediums were kind of short and tight because its they provide a "euro" fit.  Then I moved to a pair of Bauer X100s in a Large.  These pants fit awesome in waist and length, but you can tell that the construction and padding weren't as high level as the DT1's.  The X100s are perfect for D league or C league games where there is minimal contact and slap shots are not allowed.  Basically they will take care of you for normal falls during the course of play and minor play around the boards.  

Then I saw the Pro 15s and had a store credit to burn.  I got these in a Large because the Medium went up to size 33.  Even though I am a 33 waist, I wanted to err on the side of getting something that could at least go to a 34 because who knows when I may put on an inch in the future.  I also like my pants loose fitting and a baggy.  Even though I am 5'9 and the length minimum says 5'11, after reducing the extension loops, the pants fit right at my knee caps like they are suppose to.  THESE PANTS ARE BOMBPROOF.  I have been hit with wrist shots, slap shots, rubbed off into the boards, and have run into an opposing player full speed because he had his head down, been pushed into the side of the net while battling for loose pucks etc and have felt NOTHING.  I mean not even a bruise.  These pants are the real deal.

My only grip is that they might be a tad bit heavier than some of the less protective pants, however, when you take a nice slap shot to the thigh or hip and skate away like nothing happened, you will be thankful.  Also, the Pro15's provide the best kidney area protection I have seen.  If you get these, you will never have second thoughts challenging that shooter from the point with a body block...trust me...