Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Sotacal

Vapor 1x heel pocket

Just a question on vapor 1x owners.... I've switched from supreme One75s and bought the 1x on a suuuuuper deal (I couldn't pass up).  My question is: can you pinch the heel of the skate while baking to simulate the narrow feel of the supreme?

Vapor has the narrower heel between the two--  EXCEPT that the Supreme you have came from a family that was the first generation of 3D lasted skates they started to produce.  In the first execution the volume / width was not as robust as later executions.  

That said unless you can add some minicell foam to the heel cup I am unsure that you can " pinch " the heel tighter on the 1X.  

Have you tried a thicker sock?  Not like wooolies thick,  but something that may take up a little more internal volume?

12 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Vapor has the narrower heel between the two--  EXCEPT that the Supreme you have came from a family that was the first generation of 3D lasted skates they started to produce.  In the first execution the volume / width was not as robust as later executions.  

That said unless you can add some minicell foam to the heel cup I am unsure that you can " pinch " the heel tighter on the 1X.  

Have you tried a thicker sock?  Not like wooolies thick,  but something that may take up a little more internal volume?

You should be able to use a ratchet clamp while baking to pinch in the heel (if you need it). Can be difficult, though.

Like Chase said, you could try Stable 26 or some heel booties like EZeeFit. Only problem with the Stable 26 is how many pads are in the Custom Insert pack. I just ordered a pair from IW, as well as a Custom Insert pack, and Stable only ships 2 pads of each size. So if you like the 6mm and need a tighter heel on both skates, you'll need to order two packs as well as a pair of socks ($40.00 total).