Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STL

Bauer custom skates question (pro stock)

If I have the stamped number from the bottom of the skates -  a pair that fits me well. Am I able to order the identical skate or provide that number to the retailer (and then them to Bauer) to get the full listing of specs to use as a template to customize from?

Thanks everyone - I dug thru all the custom and pro stock threads and could not find this answer.

If it's your custom skate, I'm pretty sure you can.  I believe @MeltingPlastic did that when ordering his Nexus'.  I don't know if they'll let you order someone else's custom, though.  Try contacting Bauer or checking in with a local shop/rep.

I'm sure you could reference the number and Bauer would take it into account. Why not just find a good store and go get properly fitted for your own customs?

Bauer does keep a record of their custom orders. I worked with fitting a customer a few years ago who had purchased custom Bauer skates before (not from me). I took all his measurements and filled out a new order, but also referenced his previous skates with the ID number, the customer's name, and the date he purchased them on the form. When I do a custom order, I save each of the individual orders to use as a reference in the future. Seeing as how you'll have to go to your LHS to place the order anyway, you might as well just see if they can contact their Bauer rep for your answer.

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the help and common sense advice. Getting properly fitted certainly seems to make the most sense if one is going to pay for customs.