Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello,

I am Stephen, a rep from Base Hockey. My goal is to provide information on our product line and be a contributing member here at modsquadhockey.

We have introduced a new "blade flex" feature, previously unavailable at the retail level. All of the Base Hockey curves are now available in (R) Regular, (S) Stiff, and (XS) Xtra Stiff. These blades add a new level  of stick customization and gives the player yet another option to help their individual game in the same way stick flex and kick-point are chosen.

The (R) and (S) blades were designed specifically with an inline puck in mind, which plays and feels much different than an ice puck. However, that is not to say that this blade flex feature would not benefit an ice player as well. The objective here is to give the retail public yet another feature that NHL players have had at their disposal for years. The (R) blade has enough flex in it that it can literally be slightly flexed with your bare hands. The (XS) blade is rock solid and what you would see on almost every OPS. The (S) is right in the middle. All 3 blades play completely differently when used with the same shaft.

I am personally located in the Southern California area and am available if anyone would like to see this feature in person.

Let me know if you have any questions.

gpA37U7.jpg

Yes, this option will be available in a OPS. Although, we are now also offering tapered .520 shafts in models Supernatural (mid kick) and Nasty R (dual low kick). I will post photos of these shafts in the ice hockey forum.

On 4/28/2016 at 0:53 AM, BucksAway said:

I'd love to try these, what's shipping cost to Aus? Would be looking at 4-5 blades

Let me get a shipping quote and get back to you tomorrow. I am not familiar with shipping to Aus. Do you have a postal code for me to check the shipping rate? Currently 1am over here.. late night games never letting me sleep :biggrin:

Keep in mind that a (R) blade flex feels very different on a 75 than an (S) and especially (XS). Having a variety of shafts and flexes really gives you options and allows you to mix and match. You may have not been an 85 or 100 flex guy before, but then you throw an (R) blade on there and love it. It adds an entire new element to things and is great for the player trying to dial everything in for individual playing style.

19 hours ago, JetsCanucks said:

Thank you very much, I've been using Base sticks for the last few years now.  Great sticks, can't wait to see what you guys have coming up next!

There is definitely more cool stuff coming up.  There are a lot of knowledgeable people on MSH, and we'll be looking to work with all of you to get the best possible product out there and improve the hockey gear purchasing experience.

14 hours ago, Baz1985 said:

What weight is the blades and shaft? Whats the overall balance like? 

Here's what ruffage found with his BASE blades:

On 2016-12-22 at 7:45 PM, ruffage said:

131g including the two strips of tape on the tenon that they came with. The hosel is very short. My standard fit Reebok Pro Perron blades are ~180g. The hosel on those wasn't quite as long as the original/standard Pro Kovalev (I have one of the old Warrior ones).

@Stephen7 probably has more exact figures for the blades, as well as weights for the different shafts.

7 hours ago, MrData said:

That's very light, the old Easton Synergy tapered blades i'm sure were 145g, the newer Mako seems heavy in comparison although i have not had them on the scale but are much more solid, the Synergy blades went soft very quick although great performance wise.

I wonder what the shaft weight is coming in at, anyone know?