Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Stephen7

Base Hockey shafts, blades and new features

6 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Got it. Were you able to find out if the standard blades were long or short hoseled?

Here's a pic of one of our blades (tapered):

BC02%20Salvador%20side_zpsnggcumrh.jpg

Are you guys no longer offering the Polar Fibre grip option for sticks?  Just wondering because I don't see it as an option when you choose grip finish.

Edited by JetsCanucks

10 hours ago, JetsCanucks said:

Are you guys no longer offering the Polar Fibre grip option for sticks?  Just wondering because I don't see it as an option when you choose grip finish.

Our Polar Fibre supplier has stopped producing the material, so we're currently looking for another supplier. Unfortunately it's possible that we will no longer offer it.

That's sad news. The polarfibre grip is by far my favourite! 

It took me years to build up the courage to try it since a lot of people said it puts extra wear on your gloves, but I didn't find it that bad and the benefits totally outweigh any extra wear. 

• Like 1

On May 8, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Cosmic said:

I was specifically trying to fit one of the Bauer Hybrid fishbowl with the cage underneath, onto a CCM Resistance. A guy who used to work over at HM said something to the effect of, "Impossible, it used to be a possibility, but Bauer changed their rigging so that this fishbowl had to be used with a Bauer lid." Maybe it is unfair of me to try to determine their intention, perhaps they were just innovating; I think the guy over there maybe put it in my head that Bauer did this to just lock people into their stuff. Whatever, point is, I do not work in the industry, so maybe I know nothing. But judging from the Twitter feud between Bauer and Warrior last year over QR this and that, I don't know, I cannot see a great Meeting of the Minds over Flex Summit happening any time soon (which is fine; we will sort it out). On a side note, I ended up "discovering" the CCM Res 300 Cage (in white; it is perfect, as it whites out the ice and has compressed wire where the eye port is) as a result of being forced out of Bauer stuff, so it was all for the best. 

If you can get to a HM where they have the stick testing section, then that's a win. I vacation close to the HM in Irvine, and enjy testing out all the new sticks and flexes in their area.

The guy that told you that you can't fit a fishbowl to non-Bauer helmets is flat out wrong. If you watched the NCAA championship game there were several North Dakota players wearing CCM Resistance helmets with the fishbowl. If you look at any NCAA team that wears CCM, Easton  or Warrior helmets you'll likely find at least a couple guys wearing the fishbowl with them. 

1 minute ago, malcb33 said:

That's sad news. The polarfibre grip is by far my favourite! 

It took me years to build up the courage to try it since a lot of people said it puts extra wear on your gloves, but I didn't find it that bad and the benefits totally outweigh any extra wear. 

Yeah it sucks, but I guess it was bound to happen eventually since we're the only manufacturer that still offered it. I really wanted to try a stick with PF but I'm more than happy with Grip Powder Matte. It's like Warrior's velvet grip, but a bit nicer. While the velvet grip peels in my experience, the GPM has held up very well so far.

When I ordered the SuperNatural, it only came in polar fibre. I found that it didn't give me enough grip. I prefer the grip powder matte. I also prefer it over the gloss grip. I have a Nasty with grip powder matte since January 2015, playing 2-3 times a week and the only wear is on the corners where the stick gets slashed and from stick lifting. Other than that the finish seems very durable.

Edited by Larry54
  • Like 2

After messing around with all of my demo sticks I have recently transitioned to a Nasty R shaft and blade, which I love. I just received my own personal Nasty R today and thought I'd share a couple of photos. This is 90 flex with my own custom pattern which is a very straight pattern with a ton of rocker. I use the gloss grip myself, with our newest "S" Stiff blade flex.

8mfGQNP.jpg

2Z2jGh1.jpg

eSwvxKt.jpg

NQmuqLS.jpg

n73WANx.jpg

vKBgYNK.jpg

GekVJi0.jpg

• Like 1

And for informative purposes I will post photos of the weights in grams on a scale. The first photo is of shaft only weight, and the second photo is of blade and shaft together. I have cut 3 inches off, but this gives you a very good idea. My blade is definitely not on the larger side, so I will say that weights are not exact from stick to stick. However, the Nasty R is definitely one of the lightest sticks on the market.

p9cfNrN.jpg

mdCnwQe.jpg

• Like 1

The blades would look great with the BASE logo on the sides, like on blades back in the golden days of two piece sticks, similar to what True has on theirs.

thanks for posting the weights.  I started weighting everything some years back when I discovered a blade that had 160grams listed on it from the manufacturer.  When I weighed it, it was 190g.  I have even taken a scale into a total Hockey many years ago to weight some sticks.  I have been criticized by some (coaches) but it can be amazing to see where weights shift on major name brands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flip12 said:

The blades would look great with the BASE logo on the sides, like on blades back in the golden days of two piece sticks, similar to what True has on theirs.

Retail does have a BASE logo and blade stiffness rating. Mine is a custom pattern so I just put my last name there.

3 hours ago, the_game said:

That blade shape reminds me of some of the Brett Hull Pro stocks I had.

Great eye. Brett Hull pro is the exact blade I used when I originally made my own pattern. It has been straightened and the toe shape modified with extra material to square off the top portion. The rocker is unchanged and a clone of his pro pattern.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2016 at 10:42 AM, MrData said:

Our Polar Fibre supplier has stopped producing the material, so we're currently looking for another supplier. Unfortunately it's possible that we will no longer offer it.

Thank you for the information.  I ordered a few sticks a couple of months ago with that grip but I'll definitely try the Powder Matte or Clear Matte grip next time!

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:16 PM, Stephen7 said:

Great eye. Brett Hull pro is the exact blade I used when I originally made my own pattern. It has been straightened and the toe shape modified with extra material to square off the top portion. The rocker is unchanged and a clone of his pro pattern.

What lie does Mr. Hull uses?

And is it possible to get Pro Joe Sakic pattern (do you know what lie J. Sakic uses)?

Thanks!

Here are the first photos of our new Shanahan/P10/Pro Kane/Pro Giroux pattern. I'll post higher quality ones when I get my first demo on these. These are available in both LH and RH. Contact me direct if you'd like more information.

9qW3Aj8.jpg

lq4w0QV.jpg

• Like 3

Here are a couple of photos of my new BC14 demos in LH and RH. This pattern is known as the Shanahan/P10/Kane pro/Giroux pro. Support and requests from the online community made this happen. Thanks, and enjoy! Feel free to contact me anytime.

O8OhImE.jpg

FW40E7h.jpg

3XXzfzy.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stephen7 said:

Here are a couple of photos of my new BC14 demos in LH and RH. This pattern is known as the Shanahan/P10/Kane pro/Giroux pro. Support and requests from the online community made this happen. Thanks, and enjoy! Feel free to contact me anytime.

O8OhImE.jpg

FW40E7h.jpg

3XXzfzy.jpg

I received mine yesterday, (Stephen you know who I am lol) very impressed with the stick, I got the Shanahan with the grip gloss on the shaft and grit texture on the blade; RH, awesome stick, can't wait to use it!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rades said:

I received mine yesterday, (Stephen you know who I am lol) very impressed with the stick, I got the Shanahan with the grip gloss on the shaft and grit texture on the blade; RH, awesome stick, can't wait to use it!!!

Great to hear. Keep me updated on your feedback. Perhaps next time try one of our different blade softness options. I broke a blade in a tournament over the weekend and decided to mess around last night with our stiffest blade variable with the same pattern I had been using previously in the medium softness. It was a night and day different and I was having difficulty handling hard passes. Dialing in stick flex and blade softness is HUGE. Anyway, keep in touch.

Stephen, did you play on the PepsiCo Heat back in the 90's?  If so, I played against you in KOHO Cup tournaments, haha.  I was on the Mission Viejo Panthers.

• Like 1