Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Stephen7

Base Hockey shafts, blades and new features

On 2016-05-02 at 7:27 PM, tduke49 said:

any chance of having your junior sticks as two-pieces?

I will go for that!

As longa s i Can flex it on the ice.

Alan

5 hours ago, Fletch said:

Stephen, did you play on the PepsiCo Heat back in the 90's?  If so, I played against you in KOHO Cup tournaments, haha.  I was on the Mission Viejo Panthers.

Wow that takes me back. I sure did. I still have my jersey in the closet..didn't want to throw that one out. I also have a little booklet with articles on some of the teams from that year. Our goalie and another teammate from that team just started playing again. Very cool, guessing you still play?

1 hour ago, smu said:

I will go for that!

As longa s i Can flex it on the ice.

Alan

We have 25 flex youth and jr. 40 and 50 jr as well. Both can be ordered 2 piece.

1 hour ago, Stephen7 said:

Wow that takes me back. I sure did. I still have my jersey in the closet..didn't want to throw that one out. I also have a little booklet with articles on some of the teams from that year. Our goalie and another teammate from that team just started playing again. Very cool, guessing you still play?

Haha, yep!  I don't play much roller anymore, mainly ice but yeah - never stopped playing.  A bunch of my friends from the Panthers still play as well.  Glad to see you are doing well!

A polar fibre RH Kovalev Nasty sounds awfully tempting right now. If I didn't have a stack of True TC3 to get through you would have a good chunk of my money! haha

I mentioned this in the other BASE hockey thread -- it would be great to have the option of getting senior sized blades on junior pro shafts.  I just bought a couple junior pro sticks from BASE and the size of the shaft was the same as my Warrior intermediate sticks.  So it seems like this could be done, though of course, I don't know the details of running a stick factory.  When I look at my junior pro BASE hockey sticks, the "intermediate" sized shaft narrows dramatically in width to accommodate the junior sized blade. 

On 7/19/2016 at 8:29 AM, Stephen7 said:

Great to hear. Keep me updated on your feedback. Perhaps next time try one of our different blade softness options. I broke a blade in a tournament over the weekend and decided to mess around last night with our stiffest blade variable with the same pattern I had been using previously in the medium softness. It was a night and day different and I was having difficulty handling hard passes. Dialing in stick flex and blade softness is HUGE. Anyway, keep in touch.

I thought the softer blade flex was better for receiving passes or is it vice versa.

Has anyone else tried the different blade flexes.  Like stiff or regular?

How would you describe the shaft shape of the Reign LT stick? My stick of choice right now is the Stealth CX so wondering how the Reign would compare to that.

I have the super natural, nasty, reign lt and don’t find anything different in the shafts other than kick points

On 4/29/2020 at 9:00 AM, chippa13 said:

How would you describe the shaft shape of the Reign LT stick? My stick of choice right now is the Stealth CX so wondering how the Reign would compare to that.

My sons (14,17) and I have the Nasty and the Reign LT shafts in Polar Fiber and we like them a lot. I’m not familiar with the Stealth CX so I can’t compare the two shaft shapes but these are as good as anything I’ve ever used. My garage is full of everything from Easton and Bauer to Warrior/Innovative and TPS.

The Base shafts are very similar if not the same as the early Warrior/Innovative shafts. Makes sense since the guy behind Base is the same guy who sold Innovative to Warrior.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:00 AM, chippa13 said:

It's a traditional square shape, I think the CX will feel more rounded.