Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 9/10/2017 at 9:06 AM, MrData said:

That shouldn't happen with the XS - our blades are quite stiff unless you get a Stiff or Regular. It's possible the blade is cracked/soft (try to flex it with your hands and see if it makes any noise or has any give). It being a two piece has no bearing on blade stiffness, but it does allow you to replace the blade alone if that's the problem with the stick. Finally, if the specs on your 2-piece are different than those on your one-piece, it might be a technique or familiarity issue. Maybe different lie, different curve, different stick length, flex, etc.

Maybe an issue more with the shaft torquing open than the blade? I've had that issue with a few combos

• Like 1

On 8/28/2017 at 3:48 PM, malcb33 said:

I don't remember ever seeing on the website or CS that Base blades are specifically designed for Base shafts before.

Having used around 9 or 10 Base tapered blades in various shafts I am very use to the "normal" Base gap, but like I said my Kovalev blade has a much larger gap on one side (see below).

The blade was like this from the day I got it. It's obviously used now but it hasn't chipped away or anything, this is how it looked when I put it in new. Personally I think this is a quality control issue, but I'm not going to cause a fuss as I don't want to through the hassle of sending it back etc.

ErElh5.jpg

I really like Base as a company and think it has a solid place in the market, however I really do think there is a few small things holding it back. Personally I'm way more focused on the results of a product over the way it looks (Base and VH user) but I do feel Base is reputation is hurting due to lack of polish and marketing. I understand completely that none of that is your fault @MrData.

I got a Kovalev blade and mine looks like that as well.

I might be on an island by myself here but I would love to see something like the Pro Barkov curve from Base.

I feel like it's fairly unique curve which would be very user friendly and a great transition curve (coming from a P88 or p92) for people wanting to try an easy playing toe curve.

Barkov%20Blade%20Top.png

3 hours ago, malcb33 said:

I might be on an island by myself here but I would love to see something like the Pro Barkov curve from Base.

I feel like it's fairly unique curve which would be very user friendly and a great transition curve (coming from a P88 or p92) for people wanting to try an easy playing toe curve.

A lot of his curves look nice like that, seeming like softer E28s. I'm suspicious of his rocker though. It looks like it goes really high. Do you have some good shots of the blade face on his sticks?

14 hours ago, malcb33 said:

That Barkov curve looks amazing!!! Count me in for getting them made. :25_money_mouth:

17 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Depending on the lie, face and the rocker this could be a really good curve.  Something that anyone could use, need more pics from the top and side though.

Edited by BureKovy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, flip12 said:

A lot of his curves look nice like that, seeming like softer E28s. I'm suspicious of his rocker though. It looks like it goes really high. Do you have some good shots of the blade face on his sticks?

1 hour ago, BureKovy said:

Depending on the lie, face and the rocker this could be a really good curve.  Something that anyone could use, need more pics from the top and side though.

Looks pretty user friendly to me (although I haven't used one personally, I'm RH)

File_005.jpeg

img-1218449-f.jpg

1 minute ago, flip12 said:

If it's like this one, and a lie 5 like Cannon says their Barkov pattern is, I'd be in.

Opps, you beat me too it with the profile pic.

Makes sense it's a lower lie as he uses an long stick

• Like 1

Prostockhockey had a bunch of his sticks about a year ago, but they made it sound like he had a crazy high lie, 7 or something :ohmy:  5 does sound closer to reality. I've just been burned by high lies so many times I didn't bother. They had a lot of Kulikovs too, and PSH's stock looked like they were pretty much the same curve on both his and Barkov's sticks.

Edited by flip12

Damn! I ordered a Reign LT on Monday at full price. The next day I get an e-mail offering 15% discount. I'm missing out on the discount because I ordered a day too early. Talk about the luck of the Irish... more like Murphy's law.

Edited by Larry54

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some feedback regard flex point on the Base Supernatural? I was under the impression this was a mid flex stick, more inline with a Supreme series flex point but on the website it states the Supernatural is a "Low-Mid".

When I think of a low-mid stick I'm thinking of a Tacks or True A-series or maybe even a True X-series which slightly lower than true mid. How would you compare the Supernatural kick point to the above sticks or is it more of a true mid like a supreme series?

@MrData any thoughts?

Edited by malcb33

1 hour ago, Sid said:

I have the supernatural and A5.2 and I find the True is more of mid low while super is more of a mid kick

Thats what I thought too (not that I've shot with the SN). Weird that they list the Supernatural as a low-mid then......

Edited by malcb33

I find the supernatural has the one flex point and the True has a multi flex mostly focused in the middle but does flex down depending on hand position

On 11/14/2016 at 7:25 PM, Stephen7 said:

I am attempting to work with a customer interested in getting his pro stock Ovechkin released as a BASE retail LH and RH. As with other patterns that we have released, I am gauging the support to see if there is enough interest to move forward. I have been told by the customer that this is NOT the crazy Ovechkin and that this pattern is more playable. I will attach pictures of the sample he would provide. If interested please chime in and also spread the word so we could make this happen and available to everyone.

Just curious, any word on the Ovi pro pattern making an appearance? I've wanted to mess around with it for awhile, but as a lefty I can't exactly grab one of his prostock sticks and give it a go ;) 

4 hours ago, Sid said:

I find the supernatural has the one flex point and the True has a multi flex mostly focused in the middle but does flex down depending on hand position

Thanks for that. Seems to be confirming my initial thoughts. Maybe a True shaft and Base blade is the way to go...... 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Thanks for that. Seems to be confirming my initial thoughts. Maybe a True shaft and Base blade is the way to go...... 

This is what I am using at the moment and its my favorite set up.  True 6.0 tapered shaft, base b28 sharkskin blade.

Using an 85 flex but thinking I should try a 95 also.

4 hours ago, BureKovy said:

I'm using a 95 6.0 and thinking about picking up an 85 and maybe ordering a couple more blades. 

On 10/14/2017 at 5:50 PM, tcraig said:

Just curious, any word on the Ovi pro pattern making an appearance? I've wanted to mess around with it for awhile, but as a lefty I can't exactly grab one of his prostock sticks and give it a go ;) 

Harrow sports used to carry the ovie pro but it looks like they're done with hockey now.

21 hours ago, BureKovy said:

This is what I am using at the moment and its my favorite set up.  True 6.0 tapered shaft, base b28 sharkskin blade.

+1 and I'm liking the combo so far. I seem to get the most life out of base blades -- almost 4x other blades I've used.

I wonder what curve Base is working on.. it seems like it has been a while since they released a new custom curve.

I'm hoping for the Jamie Benn pro -- from what I've read, it's a hybrid of the P28 and P92

12 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Still using the bc28?

Doesn't look like we are getting much traction on new curves here.

Base Kovalev- but I really wish it was the old slightly lower curve

1 hour ago, kkancho said:

I wonder what curve Base is working on.. it seems like it has been a while since they released a new custom curve.

I'm hoping for the Jamie Benn pro -- from what I've read, it's a hybrid of the P28 and P92

It doesn't seem like they are workin on anything or at least nothing I've seen or heard about. It's kinda a shame because it seems like they've deserted this thread and the good work they started. 

The Benn curve is kinda cool, but really not that different from a p92 (I know it hasn't the toe kink) personally I think the Barkov pro about would be a smarter add to their line up as it fills a hole and gives a new very useable option to a big market of p88/92 users. 

Edited by malcb33

I find it hard to sauce passes with the kovalev, it opens up early and has a heel kink.

I like the barkov, but I feel it would be better with a toe kink on the end.  It would make it really playable all around but give you the benefits of the toe curve. 

4 hours ago, malcb33 said:

It doesn't seem like they are workin on anything or at least nothing I've seen or heard about. It's kinda a shame because it seems like they've deserted this thread and the good work they started.

Definitely not trying to desert this thread. Molds are not cheap to make and new patterns have a limited following. With that said, help me find a pattern that can get traction. If there's enough commitment I can get the pattern to retail. We need a poll or count going. It takes more than a handful to get something like this started. The old Shannahan pattern was easier as it had already been retail and had a definite following.

• Like 1