Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

6 hours ago, BureKovy said:

I find it hard to sauce passes with the kovalev, it opens up early and has a heel kink.

I like the barkov, but I feel it would be better with a toe kink on the end.  It would make it really playable all around but give you the benefits of the toe curve. 

Haha that's exactly why I think it would work for more people. It's less extreme and easier for p88 or p92 users to switch from if they want try something towards a toe curve. Also I think it will be the jack of all trades type toe curve: great for backhands, big sweet spot for shooting, 5 lie, slightly open, deep enough pocket to really take advantage of the toe curve and good amount of rocker without being to extreme like the Kovalev.

Now that Stephen has chimed in on the thread, maybe we start a base curve request 2.0 thread poll with the type of curve people are looking for.  I.e. 

Toe curve, open face, 

Toe curve, slightly open 

Mid curve, natural face

Etc.

The rocker and the lie should be agreed upon before production.  

9 hours ago, Thirdlineplug said:

Bc14 and bc27 user, both in nasty r ops. Would buy barkov if lie is indeed 5. Bc14 sticks up just a bit too much for me while skating. 

The Barkov fits in well between those two indeed. I think it's the perfect compromise.

It also fits well between at P92 and P88 too, which is why I think it will be a very popular curve.

A P92/P88/P14/BC27 hybrid, hahaha

Edited by malcb33

21 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Base Kovalev- but I really wish it was the old slightly lower curve

It doesn't seem like they are workin on anything or at least nothing I've seen or heard about. It's kinda a shame because it seems like they've deserted this thread and the good work they started. 

The Benn curve is kinda cool, but really not that different from a p92 (I know it hasn't the toe kink) personally I think the Barkov pro about would be a smarter add to their line up as it fills a hole and gives a new very useable option to a big market of p88/92 users. 

I've played both new and old Kovalevs and find the Base pattern requires a longer shaft because the heel is more radically rockered. The toe is definitely higher, but I think the toe kink makes up for that.

16 hours ago, Stephen7 said:

Definitely not trying to desert this thread. Molds are not cheap to make and new patterns have a limited following. With that said, help me find a pattern that can get traction. If there's enough commitment I can get the pattern to retail. We need a poll or count going. It takes more than a handful to get something like this started. The old Shannahan pattern was easier as it had already been retail and had a definite following.

What about the lie-4 Kreps that was discussed a while back, was that ever close?

8 hours ago, flip12 said:

What about the lie-4 Kreps that was discussed a while back, was that ever close?

Seems fairly specific to me. From a manufacturers point of view wouldn't you want something that appeals to a wider audience?

3 hours ago, itslunchtime said:

+1 for the Barkov 

Or maybe a Gionta clone!

Thats what I think is cool about the Barkov, it's very similar to the old Gionta (which I love) but more usable for people coming from other curves too.

On October 16, 2017 at 4:46 PM, BureKovy said:

I find it hard to sauce passes with the kovalev, it opens up early and has a heel kink.

I like the barkov, but I feel it would be better with a toe kink on the end.  It would make it really playable all around but give you the benefits of the toe curve. 

That is the one thing I have found with the Kovalev pattern  is I have to relearn saucer passes with it

13 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Flip12, I think you were the only person that requested that.  They have this in a 5 and 5.5 already I believe.

There was discussion of doing a lie 4 to compliment their lie 5. As far as I've seen, Base only has one lie for their BC28.

Every lie-5-X28 I've checked in person has looked to be closer to 5.5. The closest lie+rocker profile I've found comparing the X28 to other patterns is the old Easton Drury, which was never considered a 5, but rather 5.5. I've written this in other places on here, but I suspect the X28 originated as a modified Drury, with the standard Drury lie.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:54 AM, malcb33 said:

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some feedback regard flex point on the Base Supernatural? I was under the impression this was a mid flex stick, more inline with a Supreme series flex point but on the website it states the Supernatural is a "Low-Mid".

When I think of a low-mid stick I'm thinking of a Tacks or True A-series or maybe even a True X-series which slightly lower than true mid. How would you compare the Supernatural kick point to the above sticks or is it more of a true mid like a supreme series?

@MrData any thoughts?

SuperNatural is definitely a mid-kick. Also, as Stephen said, we're open to any pattern as long as there's enough interest. The Ovechkin kinda sputtered out when I inquired about concrete interest, so we'll keep looking at other patterns and gauging their popularity.

3 hours ago, MrData said:

Also, as Stephen said, we're open to any pattern as long as there's enough interest. The Ovechkin kinda sputtered out when I inquired about concrete interest, so we'll keep looking at other patterns and gauging their popularity.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:10 PM, itslunchtime said:

That Barkov curve looks amazing!!! Count me in for getting them made. :25_money_mouth:

On 9/30/2017 at 5:46 PM, BureKovy said:

Depending on the lie, face and the rocker this could be a really good curve.  Something that anyone could use, need more pics from the top and side though.

On 9/30/2017 at 6:49 PM, flip12 said:

I'd be in.

On 10/17/2017 at 9:39 PM, itslunchtime said:

+1 for the Barkov 

and of course myself too so that's +5 to start but I'm sure there's others that haven't chimed in yet. Now's your time.....

(apologies if I quoted anyone out of context)

16_barkovbladetop.pngBarkov%20Blade%20Top.png

Edited by malcb33
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, malcb33 said:

and of course myself too so that's +5 to start but I'm sure there's others that haven't chimed in yet. Now's your time.....

Just to clarify, I'm only interested if the lie is as low as or lower than a PM9.

5 hours ago, MrData said:

The Ovechkin kinda sputtered out when I inquired about concrete interest, so we'll keep looking at other patterns and gauging their popularity.

Womp womp :sad:

On 10/19/2017 at 1:43 PM, malcb33 said:

16_barkovbladetop.pngBarkov%20Blade%20Top.png

Definitely doable, as long as we can find someone who has a Barkov stick they'd give to the effort, and we get some more interest. Usually, we look for an order of around 24 blades or 12 OPS total before we can justify the mould cost. Usually the person who gives a stick for the mould can get some sort of discount on his order, but I'd have to inquire.

• Like 1

That Barkov looks alot like CCM's retail P30 (which I am still loving). Can anyone elaborate on the difference that has seen/tried both?

On 10/31/2017 at 12:40 PM, Thirdlineplug said:

Not a blade request exactly, but; what can you tell us about base’s new stick the LT? I understand the low torque aspect but what about kickpoint? Feel? Any news about that would be great.

thanks

The kickpoint is a dual kick, same as the Nasty R. There's one kickpoint low on the shaft, and another high on the shaft (below your top hand). The idea is to give you a quick release, but still have a higher kickpoint for extra power on high-hand quick snappers.

23 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Yeah this is what i mentioned in the previous page. I'd be interested in trying this as well.

Tried the P28 and liked it for everything.. except shooting.

Currently using the bm19 (sakic) from base and liking it.

or the Laine prostock -- looks like a tweaked P92 but read about it and sounds interesting.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/sm-liiga/art-2000000869204.html

http://m.iltalehti.fi/smliiga/2016042121452664_sm.shtml?orig_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.fi%2F

*would be easy to market for base

Edited by kkancho

Currently using the BC27 and BC14. Both are as blade/shaft combos (paired with Nasty R shafts). There are certain aspects I like of both curves and that Barkov Pro looks really nice. Certainly add me as a +1 for a blade or two.

I recently ordered some BM19L4's as well and a couple of more shafts (sadly no more Nasty R's, but was told that the regular Nasty shaft is very similar if not identical).

I must say that I am very happy with my Base blades and shafts so far.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2017 at 2:35 PM, Stephen7 said:

Definitely not trying to desert this thread. Molds are not cheap to make and new patterns have a limited following. With that said, help me find a pattern that can get traction. If there's enough commitment I can get the pattern to retail. We need a poll or count going. It takes more than a handful to get something like this started. The old Shannahan pattern was easier as it had already been retail and had a definite following.

Do you have a list of all the patterns base has? Including the pro versions.  There is alot missing from the website.

Edited by BureKovy