Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

41 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Is there an option anywhere for a shallow mid curve? Like. PM9 but with the depth more in the middle of the blade? I would be very interested in that. 

Like... The Heatley? *wink wink*

2 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Is there an option anywhere for a shallow mid curve? Like. PM9 but with the depth more in the middle of the blade? I would be very interested in that. 

What about the Iginla? They already offer that in three lies: 4, 5, and 6.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 12:15 PM, kkancho said:

Yeah this is what i mentioned in the previous page. I'd be interested in trying this as well.

Tried the P28 and liked it for everything.. except shooting.

Currently using the bm19 (sakic) from base and liking it.

or the Laine prostock -- looks like a tweaked P92 but read about it and sounds interesting.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/sm-liiga/art-2000000869204.html

http://m.iltalehti.fi/smliiga/2016042121452664_sm.shtml?orig_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.fi%2F

*would be easy to market for base

I'll need to brush up on my Finnish but I like the lie and blade height on the Laine curve. Interesting video, his shot is incredible. 

UPDATE: Blade-only shipping has been fixed on the BASE USA site. Blade orders should now have the proper shipping for US customers. We're working on the Canadian site, and it should be fixed as well soon.

Looks like the Ovi is back on the table! Someone came in with an old CCM Crazy Ovi blade, and we're willing to copy it if we can get enough pre-orders. Anyone interested in a LH or RH Crazy Ovi blade or stick should message me ASAP so we can get this thing rolling.

For reference:

cKVkZyQ.png

QlhDISv.png

9lvWdtt.jpg

8K3G2q2.jpg

7 hours ago, broadstreetbully16 said:

Quite a bit different yes

I’d love a Kovy if I could check it out to make sure it’s right in key areas. Both Kovalchuk and Malkin seem to base a lot of their classic patterns on a PM9 with a toe curve, that’s why I’m curious about the degrees of overlap and uniqueness between the two.

Just received my Kovalev pro and I am very pleased.  Does Base hockey offer a variable flex shaft (simular to CCM Jet Speed or Nexus)? 

+1 Barkov Pro

+ 1 Jagr Pro

Nikita Kucherov pro would be a suggestion too, unless is to close to a P28. I do hear a lot of pros using the Mike Fisher pro (similar to a P28)

Lastly, Thank you Base for creating the BC14 (Kane Pro) in a 5.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Fisher Pro.PNG

Edited by Jagrmullet

I'll say it again: P28 lie 4. Now that I have a "lie 5" Mako E28, I'll double down on my request for a tame P28 (not the kinky Easton version) that's as low in lie as the Easton E4.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jagrmullet said:

I have to add that along with the Barkov Pro

Jamie Benn pro curve is similar too and becoming popular

Jamie_Benn_Pro_Stock_Curve_large.jpg

Yeah I saw this curve before. Would be interesting to try

I would like more lie angle options on more curves. I play a W01 curve twig with a 4.5 lie angle that is a Warrior pro stock, would love to get a 4 lie angle made by someone.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I do talk about this with management often. If progress has been slow, it's because we're working on several interesting new projects right now. Please keep letting me know which patterns you're interested in - it gives me ammo when I bring it up in conference calls and email chains!

5 hours ago, CigarScott said:

I would like more lie angle options on more curves. I play a W01 curve twig with a 4.5 lie angle that is a Warrior pro stock, would love to get a 4 lie angle made by someone.

BASE has a lie 4 W01 already: BM or BB09 or something like that. Also lie 4 in other classic Easton curves: Sakic, Drury, Iginla.

• Like 1

I flip between P28 and P92 type curves. So the Benn and Barkov sound interesting. I do like a lie of at least 5.5 on the heel. Not sure if Benn / Barkov qualify.

I like taking backhands, so the BC14 curve looked interesting, but I wish it had more of a rounded toe, more rocker, and was a bit more open. I don't know if there's a curve like that.

Edited by qmechanic
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 1:33 PM, MrData said:

Looks like the Ovi is back on the table! Someone came in with an old CCM Crazy Ovi blade, and we're willing to copy it if we can get enough pre-orders. Anyone interested in a LH or RH Crazy Ovi blade or stick should message me ASAP so we can get this thing rolling.

If enough orders could be amassed to get BASE to copy this, I'd be interested in getting an SS10 with the Crazy Ovi pattern.

Speaking of the SS10, are there any plans to release this in other sizes (intermediate, junior pro, etc.,) or is it just going to be senior only?

On 11/7/2018 at 7:50 PM, ParabolicActivity said:

What are the chances of sending people a molding kit and letting people create their own custom blade?

You can send us a blade sample to create your own pattern. However, there is a minimum order and a mould fee.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:22 PM, UCMnumber8 said:

If enough orders could be amassed to get BASE to copy this, I'd be interested in getting an SS10 with the Crazy Ovi pattern. 

Speaking of the SS10, are there any plans to release this in other sizes (intermediate, junior pro, etc.,) or is it just going to be senior only? 

No plans for expanding the SS10 line right now. It's targeted towards senior/beer league players, so we're sticking to that crowd for now.

On 10/17/2018 at 6:09 PM, flip12 said:

I'll say it again: P28 lie 4. Now that I have a "lie 5" Mako E28, I'll double down on my request for a tame P28 (not the kinky Easton version) that's as low in lie as the Easton E4.

I'd be all over this blade/stick. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

I'd be all over this blade/stick. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

I've been wanting to try one out for so long, and soon I'll get the chance to see if it's right. That Scott Niedermayer blade I picked up is significantly lower than even the E4 or Montreal PC.

The curve is most comparable to an X28, but less deep: the heel to toe offset is similar to that of the E4, so it's not so hook-like. It's also a bit shorter than the X28, even a bit shorter than the E4 (in heel to toe length). My guess is the rocker profile of the Niedermayer will suit me better than the X28, but I've got to try them out first side-by-side to be able to tell.

• Like 1