Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDhouston

Custom skates in Texas

Can't find skates that fit my big feet so it looks like I'm going to take the plunge  and go custom. Living in Houston TX I don't think I can get anyone for a proper fit. Might have to drive to Dallas? Any recommendations on where to go. I've been reading and reading on how important it is to have a knowledgeable fitter. 

Thanks! 

Usually for customs you ask your LHS and they'll call someone in, whether it be a Bauer/CCM rep. You could also go VH which is a custom skate based on measurements you take and send in. The turn around time is about 2 weeks 

4 hours ago, Bbd94 said:

Usually for customs you ask your LHS and they'll call someone in, whether it be a Bauer/CCM rep. You could also go VH which is a custom skate based on measurements you take and send in. The turn around time is about 2 weeks 

According to Bauer website there isn't a dealer in Houston at all. They have a small shop at the rink but they aren't listed. 

Shoot "stickfixstexasouth"   on ebay a message. He's in Spring , so not too far from Houston. Lots of pro stock skates, should have some larger sizes or  Thom may be able to point in in the right direction. 

Dallas is probably your best bet in TX.  There's a Total Hockey in Lewisville. Edwin Trebian is the store manager there and is a pretty good fitter so you could do your custom Bauer order through them.

We have a Hockey Giant in Plano but I don't know if they have any good fitters.

Personally, I'm in VH customs and even with some initial fitment issues, VH was been able to turn around skate fixes for me (shipping there, fix, ship back) in 5 business days.  

On May 12, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Monty22 said:

Shoot "stickfixstexasouth"   on ebay a message. He's in Spring , so not too far from Houston. Lots of pro stock skates, should have some larger sizes or  Thom may be able to point in in the right direction. 

Funny you mention. Found him last night. We have emailed back and forth. 

6 hours ago, JDhouston said:

Funny you mention. Found him last night. We have emailed back and forth. 

Great guy to deal with and talk shop.