Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kclark87

CCM 40k or Warrior QR1

Looking to pick up a new twig and was curious what you all think I should get.

I really like CCM sticks and with the 40k being on sale now Im really sold on picking that up. But Ive always wanted to try out Warrior as I have heard good things. I can also get the QR1 for around the same price as the 40k. Anyone tried both of these or can recommend either one?

Also looking up stepping up to a new curve. I like the P88 curve for stick handling and passing but I struggle at lifting the puck when trying to go top shelf. Would the W03 be a good step up? I dont want anything that will just cause to roof it over the net and that will hurt my passing. Not sure what the P87 compares to.

I'm no expert on curves or anything, but I've found the P46 to lift pretty easily when you want and can keep passes low when needed.

As far as Warrior is concerned I use the W88, which is a little more mild than the P46. 

I found the QR1 to play stiffer, and have a much lower kick point.  Personally I found the 40k to be a better all around stick.  Slap shots were hard, snaps were quick, and blade feel was great.  The QR1 is great as well, but has a completely different feel.  YMMV