Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyMania1

Choosing skates from 5 models - need your help

The Supremes would be the widest. I have a bigger foot and couldnt fit in Ribcor skates. I went with the Supremes at the time, but if I could go back I would get the Jetspeeds. I tried a lower end model on after I bought the Supremes and really liked the way they fit.

None of those skates has a wide heel, (except maybe the 7035?).  Jetspeed heel is very tight, and Supreme is not much wider.  If you want a wider heel, you probably want to have a look at CCM Tacks, or RBZ if you can find them.

Yeah, Jetspeed heel is pretty narrow. Locks in your heel great. But if it's too small, it's too small. I'd second the recommendation of looking at some CCM Tacks.

1 hour ago, boo10 said:

None of those skates has a wide heel, (except maybe the 7035?).  Jetspeed heel is very tight, and Supreme is not much wider.  If you want a wider heel, you probably want to have a look at CCM Tacks, or RBZ if you can find them.

28 minutes ago, kmfdm86 said:

Yeah, Jetspeed heel is pretty narrow. Locks in your heel great. But if it's too small, it's too small. I'd second the recommendation of looking at some CCM Tacks.

i dont find any CCM Tacks in my size and width :/ what about this one: http://www.monkeysports.eu/bauer-nexus-n7000-sr-hockey-skates ?

6 minutes ago, kmfdm86 said:

Not sure. I'm not a Bauer guy, and the only line of theirs I've tried is the vapor. What size are you? 

http://www.monkeysports.eu/ccm-ultra-tacks-sr-hockey-skates

im 42 in european shoes size ,I  probably need EE width. 

what's the difference between this one http://www.monkeysports.eu/hockey/hockey-skates/senior-6-0-up/ccm-tacks-4092-sr-hockey-skates and this one http://www.monkeysports.eu/ccm-ultra-tacks-sr-hockey-skates ?

Ultra Tacks is higher end and will probably be stiffer and more durable. It really comes down to how much money you want to spend, how good of a skater you are and how hard you think you'll be on the skates.

Ice warehouse has some good deals on last year's Tacks skates. Don't know if the shipping will negate the discount but it's worth a look.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_Ice_Hockey_Skates_Senior/catpage-SKMICCM.html

5 minutes ago, kmfdm86 said:

Ultra Tacks is higher end and will probably be stiffer and more durable. It really comes down to how much money you want to spend, how good of a skater you are and how hard you think you'll be on the skates.

Ice warehouse has some good deals on last year's Tacks skates. Don't know if the shipping will negate the discount but it's worth a look.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_Ice_Hockey_Skates_Senior/catpage-SKMICCM.html

This website doesn't ship items of Bauer, Easton, Mission, Warrior, Reebok, CCM and K2 outside from usa

Sounds like you have a pretty unique foot profile.  I think I'd be doing ALOT more research before handing over my hard-earned money.  Understand you don't have any shops near by to try stuff on, so instead I'd be trying to quantify my foot shape and volume and contacting the manufacturers for very specific help in identifying which sizes and boot lasts will work with your needs.  Picking something somewhat blind creates a very high probability of a less than stellar outcome.  I did it when I started skating, even with some LHS help and it took 4 or 5 tries and trying on a bunch of skates before I found something that worked pretty well for me.

I'd probably start with the process VH recommends with their custom orders.  Trace your feet and get some measurements of length, width in the forefoot and heel.  Maybe take some pictures of your feet.  Then I'd try to contact the manufacturers you are interested in, explain the situation and see if anyone steps up to the plate to help provide some details. They must have detailed specifications for each size and model of boot they make, as I'd imagine their manufacturing tolerances are pretty tight.  Then the trick is finding the closest boot spec to your actual foot shape and anatomy.  It may not be perfect out of the box, but at least you can be close enough that heat molding will give you something you can work with.  

2 hours ago, HockeyMania1 said:

This website doesn't ship items of Bauer, Easton, Mission, Warrior, Reebok, CCM and K2 outside from usa

From their international page:

Frequently Asked Ordering Questions

What can I order?
All items are available for ordering. Due to manufacturer restrictions, a limited number of products may only be available to ship to a US address. Those brands include Bauer, Easton, Mission, Warrior, Reebok, CCM and K2.

Below are two companies that can provide you with a USA based address. They will combine purchases from one or multiple locations and route to your location. Visit their respective sites to set up an account.

logo.png headerbonvuleft.png

Since you have special needs (odd foot shape) you definitely need to try before you buy. Spend some time at a shop and get fitted properly. I have some funky needs and it was the best thing I ever did. A proper fitting skate is more than just comfort, it's also performance.

That said, maybe consider a Bauer Nexus. It's the widest fit in the Bauer line.

1 hour ago, OptimusReim said:

If you have an odd foot shape then I'd suggest you not waste your time and just go straight to VH

I'm guessing based on the fact the models he listed are all less than 300 before any discount, he's probably not wanting to shell out a grand on skates

3 minutes ago, Stewie said:

I'm guessing based on the fact the models he listed are all less than 300 before any discount, he's probably not wanting to shell out a grand on skates

Fair. Though I did the same thing for a couple years... Tried to make $300 skates work. Eventually said screw it after spending I don't even know how much money and got Makos.

If he/she is fitted properly he/she shouldn't need to try and make them work. Lots of people's skate problems would be solved by a proper fitting.

Been there myself, wish I got a good fitting a long time ago. 

5 minutes ago, OptimusReim said:

Unfortunately that's not always the case.

True. I'm always shocked at how little some people know about how a skate is supposed to fit, many whom have played their entire lives.

3 hours ago, HockeyMania1 said:

THERE IS NOT ANY PLACE TO MAKE A CUSTOM SKATES IN MY COUNTRY SO ITS A PROB...

I'm sure VH or Bauer or whomever would be happy to ship to you.  I think that is kind of the point.  You have an odd foot shape, you don't have any place to try on skates, why waste time and money with retail skates that will likely not meet your needs.  

11 hours ago, krisdrum said:

I'm sure VH or Bauer or whomever would be happy to ship to you.  I think that is kind of the point.  You have an odd foot shape, you don't have any place to try on skates, why waste time and money with retail skates that will likely not meet your needs.  

There's no mid level custom skates that I know of, and not everyone can afford 1k on a pair of skates, especially since we're considering adding international shipping on top of that. It may just not be a good option for his/her financial situation. 

Bottom line, the only way to insure a proper fit is to actually try them on. We can detail the general fit characteristics of each model, but that's not going to assure they actually fit the foot in question. 

The he best advice we can give the OP is to educate them on a proper fit and encourage them to seek out a place where they are able to actually put them on and spend time in them.

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Bottom line, the only way to insure a proper fit is to actually try them on. 

Unless you go VH, of course ;) haha

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

Bottom line, the only way to insure a proper fit is to actually try them on. We can detail the general fit characteristics of each model, but that's not going to assure they actually fit the foot in question. 

The he best advice we can give the OP is to educate them on a proper fit and encourage them to seek out a place where they are able to actually put them on and spend time in them.

You're missing the main point of the problem.  The OP lives in Israel.  There's not a single hockey shop anywhere near him to go try anything on.  I've looked.