Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny

Best Wheels for Smooth Concrete

What are the best wheels for great traction on smooth concrete. I am currently using grippers and slide too much.  $ doesn't really matter, just want the best control I can get turning.

If money is no object you could use high end wheels which will give you lots of grip but not much durability. I'd suggest you try some Rink Rat identity theft or world cups, they are well balanced on the grip vs durability scale.

I have the same issues on that type of surface, especially one Brisbane rink in particular.

Single pour wheels like grippers work pretty well.

The dirtier the floor the softer you go.

Ive been using XX rink rat envys, 

They're pretty good but the only problem is the cores are a bit tight and have a hard time fitting bearings.

i recently got 1XRs though and found the revision 74As are perfect on painted concrete too(rubbish on wood though).

On 5/29/2016 at 10:07 AM, Wicked3Aussie said:

I have the same issues on that type of surface, especially one Brisbane rink in particular.

Single pour wheels like grippers work pretty well.

I chew through grippers on smooth concrete, it's nuts!

I destroy all wheels on smooth concrete, I think I need to start moving to an 80a in the hope i don't destroy them but still maintain some sort of grip

On 2016-05-27 at 8:41 AM, Benny said:

What are the best wheels for great traction on smooth concrete. I am currently using grippers and slide too much.  $ doesn't really matter, just want the best control I can get turning.

Which durometer grippers are you using?  Maybe try a softer wheel?

13 hours ago, BucksAway said:

I chew through grippers on smooth concrete, it's nuts!

I destroy all wheels on smooth concrete, I think I need to start moving to an 80a in the hope i don't destroy them but still maintain some sort of grip

Yeah I've never really used them myself on concrete.

I think most people use them for the low price more than anything.

I went with the XX yellow envys and they were pretty good but because the bearings were a pain to make fit I was always killing spacers every time I'd swap them back out.

Revision variant plus were amazing when I tested them on concrete last weekend.

No sliding out on turns and had perfect edges.

nothing but grip and speed.

I personally use Grippers and have been pretty loyal to them for many many years now. Indoor I use a 74A and outdoor on smooth painted concrete I had 76A Grippers. At 6'1 about 210lbs they hold up and give good grip without sacrificing too much speed.  I rarely play at any high level outdoor though, mostly just a shoot-around for a light workout.