Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Warrior VIP Program - Covert QRL

Received my QRL today, and figured it'd be time to throw this up. Big thanks to the guys at Warrior for including me again in this amazing program. Can't wait to give it a rip.

First impressions: Felt much like the QR1 did, not a bad thing by any means. Balanced, light, very easy on the eyes (A+ for the color scheme again, Warrior.) Gotta love how the stick pops. Got a chance to stickhandle and pass around a bit with it, blade felt a little bit better than the QR1 did I think. Haven't taken any shots yet, but we'll see how that goes during my next game.

I did go with the intermediate this time around, one of the things I've been trying to do lately, first with my True A6.0, now with the QRL. Usually use a senior 75 but dropped down in flex on my 6.0 first and found my shot to be much better. We'll see how the shaft shape goes for me, as it's definitely thinner than my 6.0, which I'm pretty sure is a senior shaft shape.

All in all, first impressions were great, and if the stick is anything like the QR1, I know I'll be very happy.

13315711_10206599967021130_8294896971902

Used the QRL for the first time tonight at an open session, and my first thoughts after some game use are being absolutely blown away by the stick.

I cannot remember the last time I stepped on a rink with a new stick and enjoyed it as much as I did with the QRL. The shaft is noticeably thinner than my 65 flex True A6.0, so that's going to take some getting used to, but the blade is where I really was blown away. I've never used a blade that responded so well every time the puck hit it. From receiving passes, soft and hard, and taking quick wristers, I cannot remember the last time I had a stick that impressed me as much as the QRL. And it's LOUD. When the puck hits the blade, it's very audible, if that makes sense to you guys.

All in all, I can't wait to use it again.