Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Anyone here use a P106 curve?

I use a base sackic curve in a lie 5 and a bauer pm9 and both of those sticks i keep about an inch longer than my other curves.  You will gain reach and might have to get used to playing the puck more out in front of you or getting a deeper knee bend to keep the blade flat on the ice. Really fun curve. You dont have to worry, it gets the job done so you can focus more on other aspects of the game. Oh and Prepare yourself for the best backhand shots of your life my friend.

Otherwise if you want to try a bunch of different patterns and see how they shoot, pass, and stickhandle for you, you should give a BASE Hockey fitting session a shot. One of our fitters will work with you to figure out which specs are best for your shooting mechanic. It's a great way to fast-track the trial and error process, and a lot more economical than buying a bunch of different sticks that you'll end up shelving because you change patterns or flexes.

On 5/29/2016 at 2:51 AM, Cavs019 said:

I love the P106 more than anything else out there. I prefer to shoot off the heel but the large sweet spot and rocker make it one of the most versatile curves out there in my opinion. My biggest concern is it (and all other heel curves) going the way of the dodo as it seems most people these days gravitate toward toe hooks under the assumption that they will turn them into Ovechkin. 

I was one of these people, had to calm myself down haha!  .. I learnt that for my "ye ol faithful" p88 allowed me to do everything well.

When i wasn't shooting right.. just realized i needed to get my technique better. Which meant much more practice.  That has really paid off for me.