Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caps06

Skate suggestions????

Looking to get a new pair of skates, I currently have the RBZ 80s but they are too wide.  Right now I am looking at the tacks 5052, ccm jetspeed 280, ccm rbcor 46k, and the bauer 180/190(last year).  As well as the nexus 7000.  I know they are all different fits and I will probably be trying them all on, so out of these which one would you recommend, if you would like to know the fit the rbz 80s were a little too wide and a previous pair of vapors was too tight in the toebox! Thanks!

"What skates should I get?" Is probably in the top 5 of things people ask on this site. In all honesty, the answer is what fits you best. That said, Nexus and Tacks are likely out for you as you will likely find them too wide. I'm not too familiar with the JetSpeeds but I think they are a little more narrow than your RBZ's and the Ribcor I think are more narrow yet. I have a medium / wide foot and skate Supreme 190's with a little punching in some hotspots. Nexus were too wide and deep for me personally. 

At the end of the day you have to try on as many skates as you can and wear them / walk around in the store for 45 minutes or so. You don't need to do that with every pair, just those that might be "the one". 

Good Luck!

Jetspeeds may be a good fit. I don't know about rbz, but tacks are supposedly their widest fit off the bat (have tacks ice skates). I tried on vapors and like you found the toe box a little narrrow. Jetspeeds were a perfect fit for me. YMMV, but it's worth a shot.

As previously stated though, make sure you try them on if at all possible.

Definitely try on whatever you can but based off the information you've provided I'd look closely at the Jetspeeds and Supremes as they're more of a medium width skate.