Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riotgear

Konixx wheels

My buddy Chris has been using them for awhile now, one set has lasted him 6 months so far. He plays NARCH Pro for reference. He said they're harder and more durable than traditional wheels without sacrificing grip/speed. 

24 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

My buddy Chris has been using them for awhile now, one set has lasted him 6 months so far. He plays NARCH Pro for reference. He said they're harder and more durable than traditional wheels without sacrificing grip/speed. 

interesting. ill be due for some new wheels here shortly, maybe ill give them a shot. definitely looking for a more durable wheel.

24 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

You caught me!

ahh cool man. lol i buy WAY too much stuff from you guys. have 2 packages this week a few more over the last 2 weeks etc... great site. keep it up!

11 hours ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Do you know how they travel on smooth painted concrete?

I'm glad there's a new wheel company around now. Hopefully they're a better wheel than the garbage Revision has been putting out. Looking forward to trying the new Pure wheels this summer.

23 hours ago, gokdog said:

IW got the smaller ones in stock so pulled the trigger on a set for my Son, will provide some feedback once we use. 

that would greatly be appreciated. thanks

So my son had his first skate on these Sunday and overall was very impressed.  We went with the +0 Pures all around, for his Hi-Lo setup.

His current wheels have fluctuated between Labeda Millenniums and Dynasty 3's, specifically the latest Signature series lines and he called the Konixx a blended version of both of those, far far grippier than the D3s, but without the speed sacrifice of going to the Millenniums.   He felt that has Speed was as good as the D3s, but his turning and stopping were both improved, even on the brand new wheels. 

We are specifically saving these for some summer tournaments that he has, so will switching these out, but will provide some additional long term review on longevity and performance over time once State Wars is over!

anyone have any further input on these wheels? will be looking to get a new set of tires in time for fall season here soon.

been using my Konixx for a few months now, and I love them. I havent seen any of the cracking or durability issues Id been having with my Labeda wheels, and the performance has been better as well. I am no inline expert, but i think these are exceptional wheels. using straight 80 pure+1

Just started using these wheels (pure +2) and they are amazing. First off i am a big guy, 6'3" 260, but fairly mobile and agile for my size. The hardest part is finding a wheel that will allow me to stop from full speed and not start separating from the hub, cracking up the middle, or just straight blowing up. So far these are the best wheels I've skated on. I switched over from addictions and for someone my size these are far superior. Top end speed is amazing and when i coast i don't lose speed as quickly so i use much less energy when I'm without the puck. So far no durability issues what so ever. Obviously i was a bit skeptical at first since they are $12 a wheel and a brand new company but im glad i took a shot. I will buy these wheels as long as they are making them. If you are in the market for wheels check these out.

I can also vouch that Konixx has put out a great product! I have Pure +0's on straight 80mms and I love them - I've used Rink Rat splits, almost every Labeda at some point (mostly Millenniums and Addictions), Revision variants, etc and Konixx has been favorite by a good margin. No durability issues after 3-4 months of use, still grippy and reliable in tight turns/corners. I have only used them indoors on sport court but once I need a new set I will get these again.

I'm 210#'s usually skate on the white 76a gripper's. Considering giving these a try but not sure if I should go with +1 or +2  (i skate i sport court / Ice Court) any suggestions? 

Anyone know how the +1 or +2 would compare to Labeda Addiction Grip+ (Orange)?  I ended up pulling the trigger on the Addictions, but after a couple skates i feel like the grip is lacking a bit. Seeing a lot more Konixx around the rink lately. 

I am interested in the +1 and +2 as well. I am 6'0, 285 lbs.

Its been several years since I played on sport court (our roller is on a waxed, wood floor - like a basketball court).

We will have a sport court league starting in a month.

Last time I played on sport court, I skated on original Addictions. They were fine speed wise, but I felt like I slipped a lot, especially when pushing off.

I typically use Labeda Asphalts on the outer two positions and the 80A Labeda Grippers in the middle two positions when playing on our current surface. No slipping problems at all. I typically wear the front and back wheel out quickly the way I skate, hence using the Asphalts there.

I was thinking of doing Konixx +2 on the outer two positions and +1's in the middle (maybe even a +0 for one of the middles). 

MD - I personally like the Pure's over Addiction Orange. I've had my set for 5 months and no issues with cracking, grip is still great and no slipping in turns. Since you seem to like more grip I would lean +1 but it's a preference thing. Also, like almost any wheel there is a small "break-in" period with these to get them to peak performance (maybe 1 hour of skate time; this issue might be what your experiencing with the Addictions currently).

GFish - since you are 285 I would go +2's, I feel like 1's would not be stiff enough and you might wear through them quickly. You can go to the Konixx website as I believe they have a weight/size chart and you can read more about the products. 

Anymore long term reviews on these wheels?  I'm planning on ordering some to replace my worn out addictions and I'm not sure if I should get the +1's or +2's (I'm around 205 lbs).  

One update, my son outgrew is previous skates/wheels, but they lasted the whole year, through State Wars with no problems. 

This year, we got an excellent deal on some Mission DS1, and again purchased Konixx, but this year, we got the 76/80 +0,  full year in so far, less State Wars and they look brand new. 

Have never not needed a second set of wheels for the season, would be our first time, as we play a ton of games/practices/camps over the inline season.