Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyMania1

Pucks

personally I hate those ones. Whenever someone shows up to the rink with them, i try to avoid using them. They slide with a lot of drag, i prefer a bit more smooth a feel in something like a pro shot puck.

I haven't used those pucks - the IDS Pro Shot and the Rocket Pucks are what just about everyone in the local leagues around here use. I have tried the Verbero Aero puck and absolutely loved it indoors on Sport Court - slid way easier than any other puck I've used. If I was buying some pucks myself I'd definitely want the Verberos.

I personally love the pro-puck. I've played for years and tried a bunch of different pucks but I think they have a pretty great sliding ability as well as pretty good durability.

I did try the new Bauer puck but it was definitely not made for smooth concrete.

I prefer the Pro-Shot but I have played with the Sonic Pucks as well and they are pretty decent. This was all indoor inline.

am i the only one that has to change my wrist shot technique when shooting a propuck?  i have to use more effort to lift it and any other puck (ice or inline) i have to try to keep it low.

2 minutes ago, wetwilly17 said:

am i the only one that has to change my wrist shot technique when shooting a propuck?  i have to use more effort to lift it and any other puck (ice or inline) i have to try to keep it low.

no you are not. as I mentioned in another thread, the pro shot, and any other inline or Ice puck shoots better than these. while the pro puck is the best rough concrete "ice like" puck i've used for stick handling and movement, the pro shots aren't very far off in that deparment, and have been far more durable for me.  I lose 1-2 pegs per session on the pro pucks when I or someone else hits the post hard enough. the design is poor, pinch points are created at each lug.