Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBrownstone

Mission inhaler ds3 vs CCM RBZ 90

I'm getting back into roller hockey after a hiatus and my old skates have essentially disintegrated.  I have decided on going with one of the following 2 options:

Mission Inhaler DS3

img.aspx?itm_id=16733&div_id=41&pic_type

CCM RBK 90

ccm-rbz-90-sr-inline-hockey-skates-59.jp

Retail for both options is $399, and I've found good deals for both, so cost is not a factor.  The biggest concern will be fit, but if both feel fine, I would be looking at the following:

I will be playing primarily outdoors, and the ventilation of the missions is a huge plus for me in theory although the CCM's have vents on the toe caps as well.  Anyone care to comment on the cooling factor or outdoor pluses of either?

Overall quality wise, is one of these platforms more durable or of higher quality than the other?

Any other input or advice would be most appreciated!

I had DS3s and hated them. I play exclusively outdoors and the venting did nothing and one skate started to break down prematurely and lost all of it's stiffness in the quarter package.

I got a pair of Alkali Team+ which seem to be much higher quality than the Missions as well as being much more comfortable. The all 80mm wheel setup is much better for me than the Hi-Low also - seems like I have more speed and control. So far I have put about 10 times more skating time in on the Alkalis and they are still rock solid.

As far as CCM goes, I have not used the RBZs, but I use the top line model Jetspeeds for indoor and using the 280R outdoors. Never feel too warm or anything, but Colorado is pretty mild this time of year.

Thanks for the input, all.  I got the CCM RBZ's in, and the fit is super tight in the fore and midfoot.

I was able to try DS4's locally and they felt much better, so the decision may be made.  Unrelated, has anyone seen a huge discrepancy in Bauer/Mission sizing with the Vapor vs the DS line?  I was a 9 in the Vapors and a 10 in the DS's, with my toe brushing the top cap in both.  I thought the sizing was supposed to be uniform??