Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tvguy

mismatched footbeds

Bought my son a new pair of supreme 170s a month ago and he has been complaining that one foot is sore, the other is not.  I just checked the skates and the footbeds are different.  One is the Bauer Form Fit + Grip, the other is the Bauer Form Fit + Grip + Moisture Management.  The Moisture Management footbed has a tacky coating on it and I suspect it feels a little firmer in the arch and is bothering him.  Any ideas on how I can get a match of the one he likes?    This is a discontinued model and his size (Jr 1.5 D) is out of stock in my area.

maybe contact bauer and let them know you received a mismatched footbed. id imagine they could send the correct one/whichever is more comfortable, or maybe a suitable replacement. I wouldn't bother with superfeet, your son will outgrow the skates soon enough, why spend 50 dollars on insoles hes going to use for maybe 1 year.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:35 PM, tvguy said:

Bought my son a new pair of supreme 170s a month ago and he has been complaining that one foot is sore, the other is not.  I just checked the skates and the footbeds are different.  One is the Bauer Form Fit + Grip, the other is the Bauer Form Fit + Grip + Moisture Management.  The Moisture Management footbed has a tacky coating on it and I suspect it feels a little firmer in the arch and is bothering him.  Any ideas on how I can get a match of the one he likes?    This is a discontinued model and his size (Jr 1.5 D) is out of stock in my area.

Take your thumb, index, and middle finger and you could manipulate the product pretty easily - that arch is going to give out under his body weight. If you do decide to try a pair of Superfeet, just know they have a 60 Day Comfort Guarantee, so he would have 2 months of trying them out to make sure he likes them.

The quick and painless approach is to just set him up with a pair of super feet like Optimus said. Bauer will most likely take awhile to address the issue.

Bauer sent a new set of footbeds  so its all good.    Unfortunately Superfeet aren't a solution for him.  He is in between a Nexus and Supreme fit, he has a high instep, but a medium to narrow foot width.  He is sloppy in the Nexus and the superfeet in the Supreme cause lace bite.   Anyone have a skate suggestion for his next pair.   Deep boot, medium-regular width?

8 hours ago, tvguy said:

He is sloppy in the Nexus and the superfeet in the Supreme cause lace bite.   Anyone have a skate suggestion for his next pair.   Deep boot, medium-regular width?

How about Supreme with just a pair of plain thin insoles? Your son is too young for arch support need. His feet still develop and need to know that they need arch. Consult a pediatric podiatrist before you start with fancy insoles... it is a slippery slope. Anyone under 30, should need insoles only to cover the rivets with.

CCM SuperTacks are just perfect!! They feature 360 multiframe which is the leading technology in the skating industry. Along with 3 different types of insoles that will not just provide great comfort but also unprecendted performance. I was really amazed how even a switch from the top of the line skate Bauer 1X to the SuperTacks gave me such a boost on various areas of skating.