Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buda

Wax or no wax

4 hours ago, kovalchuk71 said:

No wax. There's already enough friction in roller as is. Why would you want to add more?

I was curious because one of my teammates does because he does on ice and uses his old sticks and out of habit when he re tapes it. He's never not used wax so I was wondering. 

Also so didn't know if it would help with stick handling or not at all because of the different material of the puck. 

I wouldn't use it for inline. There is already a significantly higher amount of drag as is. I personally just use standard white tape and don't wrap the blade fully. As opposed to ice which I wrap all the way around the toe.

I've seen people complain before about guys using wax on their inline sticks because it gets onto the playing surface and makes people slip. I've never played roller though so I don't have personal experience there. Just comments I've seen in the past. 

I make sure when I re tape and wax my sticks to do it before an ice game. I use them on the ice and the bottom of the blade wears down a little so its ready to go for inline