Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBrownstone

New 2016 Mission NLS1 skates

On 6/27/2016 at 5:26 PM, Justin 1933 said:

Your statement is flawed.  Is should read "Mission used to Dominate".  Bauer is by far the leader in skate sales.  Based on information I have seen, Mission is either 3rd or 4th in skates sales.  Btw, I am not bashing anyone, as I have no horse in this race.

I get what you're saying about the sales figures for skates, but isn't this "Bauer vs. Mission" case an exception because Bauer has owned Mission since 2008? From what I understand, Bauer and Mission skates are very similar -- with Bauer having the Vapor fit and Missions having the [Bauer] Supreme fit. They use the same overall boot design and then identical Mission-branded Hi-Lo chassis.

If anything, Bauer is dominating the market even more if you include the sales from Mission.

Who are the other 2 brands in the top 4? #2 CCM and #3 Tour?

2 minutes ago, Tinkeric said:

I get what you're saying about the sales figures for skates, but isn't this "Bauer vs. Mission" case an exception because Bauer has owned Mission since 2008? From what I understand, Bauer and Mission skates are very similar. They use the same overall boot design and then identical Mission-branded Hi-Lo chassis. If anything, Bauer is dominating the market even more if you include the sales from Mission.

Who are the other 2 brands in the top 4? #2 CCM and #3 Tour?

I'd assume Alkali is #2 and I have no idea about #3.

As on now we only have 5 brands to choose from ( 4 if you put mission and Bauer together) Verbero is a bit to new imo to put in this convo.....I would have to go with 1-Bauer 2-Alkali 3-Mission 4-Tour and 5-CCM..... 

Does anyone know the official release date of the new NLS skates? I've heard October and also August. I've already seen photos from Mission's Instagram and from pro/semi-pro players.

I'm also really curious how much the current DS lineup will be discounted. Those are usually the best deals.

We were told September by the Mission guys out at State Wars,  got a close look at them, really nice,  still not sure on the wheels, but loved the skate.

Also,  Tommy and the Mission guys were really great,   lots of swag and additionally the new NLS1 gloves were also pretty impressive. 

Side note, my son won a pair of Tour FB 9s at State Wars, not sure what we are going to do, as we were planning on buying a new set of NLS1 or DS1 this year. 

in store sept 16  coming in at an overpriced $850. I cant seem to find what they have added for $200 more and on top of that for $100 more you can get all the bells and whistles that are far more then $100. the speed plates are $50 alone, the lacing system, the x rib from the od1n project all that shit adds up to more then $100 to me.

2 hours ago, reds16 said:

in store sept 16  coming in at an overpriced $850. I cant seem to find what they have added for $200 more and on top of that for $100 more you can get all the bells and whistles that are far more then $100. the speed plates are $50 alone, the lacing system, the x rib from the od1n project all that shit adds up to more then $100 to me.

?

I was looking forward to them.  In my opinion the old line appears to have better options across it.  I usually go mid to right below top of the line. It appears they raised the ceiling while down gradeding the middle of the pack.  Just to get a composite out sole you are in the 650 range and don't get much of a jump in the frame.  To be honest I could care less about the wheels they get change when I get the skates.  Last years skates at the top price points of 650 and 400 look like better options than the top two of this year at 850 and 650. What a leap.  How do you justify that much of a price jump. Their middle of the pack dropped 50 to 349, but they left a huge gap in between the top and middle in price and specs.  I was hoping to jump back into missions but it looks like I'm gonna stick with alkalis.  Bang for my buck its hard to justify switching back when I get better options.  Or I could just jump on last years models when they come on sale.  

2 hours ago, Stewie said:

?

I think he was referring to the 200 price jump in their top of the line.  When compared to last years model doesn't appear to be justification.  200 dollar increase for gimmicky wheels, a quilted liner, and slightly different frame is a reach.

49 minutes ago, jmiro said:

I think he was referring to the 200 price jump in their top of the line.  When compared to last years model doesn't appear to be justification.  200 dollar increase for gimmicky wheels, a quilted liner, and slightly different frame is a reach.

and the curv composite quarter, but that drops down to the second in line as well. I agree the wheels seem definitely gimmicky, probably would just stick with second tier on this one, if i were to even go with a mission to begin with.  I actually think his point may have been that youre just better off going with the bauer 1XR? but they are a different fit so that would likely be the first determinant anyways.

yes your right I was talking about just jumping to the 1xr, I was in a rush when I did the post (going to a game) if I wanted to get the medium fit you could again drop another $100 to $150 and get the ice boot and convert them like a ton of guys on they site do all the time, I have the apx2r's now and I was looking to get back into mission too but I cant spend that kind of money and know that for a little more (if your willing to spend $850 what's $100 more) your going to get the best in the market (imo) not just the Mission Bauer line but the best money can buy

22 hours ago, jmiro said:

I don't even think the wheels come into play or at least they shouldn't if that's the price driver then sell me them with no wheels Ill order my own.

The 1xr's were a $100 jump from the apx2r's $850 to $950 if I remember correctly that's ok with the few new things you got ....but when you looked at the apx2r vs the x60 for 200 it was a steal with all the new improvements.

2 Years ago when the ds line came out it was a color reset and all about customizing them the way u wanted but they were the same price as the ac1 $650 I can respect them for not saying ok $700 this year just because its new

If your going to put $850 on them and leave shit out for a little less money, then just put all the same shit as the 1xr and make them $950 I would understand that and even be ok with dropping that kind of money because the product is worth it.

rant over lol

Hi all

I am from Europe. Quick question:

If I can get the DS1 for 450-500 USD is it worth to spend an additional 300-350 USD to buy the NLS1?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

The pictures look bad here but Ive seen these on players feet for a few months (all of the players where sponsored) and they look good from a far. I agree they look like skates from 2005 but from what ive heard theyre pretty much 1x skate with mission written on it and gimmicky wheels.

12 hours ago, Tyler Roy said:

1. Wrong topic for this sort of discussion. 

2. Its the parent company, not Bauer directly. 

3. Bauer will be fine. 

1. have you not read this maybe you should go back and look at it.

2.The reason why its relevant is Mission (who is owned by Bauer) put out skates that should be about $100 less witch was talked about in this topic 

3.Baure will be fine in the long run but the people (Sagard Capital and Fairfax Financial ) that just made an opening bid of $575 million are not going to let the company put itself a risk again so things will change.  yes I know Sports Authority and low bat sales plays a big part.

the price of the new mission skates has about 0 to do with there bankruptcy. i don't see why we need to discuss the bauer bankruptcy in every single thread, so I'm in agreement with tyler here. i don't think there is anyone sitting in a board room saying "if only we had charged 100 less for those skates"

its simple retail if you are under charging for say an Easton bat that you are selling for a lower price to get people to buy and only getting 30% gross profit on it and should be making 40 to 50 you need to make that up somewhere else maybe on lets say a stick or skates that you make 55% on now and then start selling them for more to make 58% to 60% gross on that people are going to spend money on because that's what they are comfortable with buying, its called covering your losses

I bet the people in that board room are saying why did we buy Easton...The sports gear maker on Monday blamed "a significant downturn in retail sales across all product categories, but particularly in the company's important bat category," as well as "the Chapter 11 filing by "one of the largest U.S. national sporting goods retailers" and bankruptcies of other key customers

we talked about this in this thread that's what makes it relevant...like I said maybe you should go back and read the thread and you will see where this came from, its not random.

Spoiler

just because something might have been randomly mentioned in a comment before still doesn't make it relevant to the topic. Easton bats and the business end of things has relatively little to do with the nls skates, neither does bauers issues, even if they own mission.  the entire discussion of the bankruptcy topic is in another thread, people don't want to have the same discussion in 67 different threads just because bauers/missions name is attached.