Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

CCM / Revision Fast Clip Visors

Just saw a review and background info on these on YouTube. Is anyone testing it? If so, what are you initial impressions? I'm ready to give CCM my money now, it looks like a great visor!

Saw this a couple days ago. Only thing I don't like is the size of the visor which I'm pretty sure they'll make a shorter version. If it goes all the way down past your nose and almost at your mouth, that's going to fog up a ton. The size could be misleading though because that helmet is way, way too big for the dummy's head.

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

First thing that came to mind when I saw the CCM Revision visor, are they all done with the Oakley licensing/distribution deal?

From what my rep told me, Yes.

13 minutes ago, kovalchuk71 said:

From what my rep told me, Yes.

Maybe I'm not following, Revision was making the Oakley visors and  that deal was not renewed so now they will be branded CCM?

I've heard of revision before and knew of their work with the military, I was not aware of a deal with Oakley if that is what you're saying. Thx.

Surprises me Oakley wants out of the hockey business. I remember when a lot of players used them and people said they were the best on the market. Seems like just another place Bauer took over because of brand recognition (in hockey).

I can see Revision making a full face shield.. that'll be interesting. 

18 hours ago, chippa13 said:

First thing that came to mind when I saw the CCM Revision visor, are they all done with the Oakley licensing/distribution deal?

Yes, I hinted at this a few months ago.

12 hours ago, Bbd94 said:

Surprises me Oakley wants out of the hockey business. I remember when a lot of players used them and people said they were the best on the market. Seems like just another place Bauer took over because of brand recognition (in hockey).

I can see Revision making a full face shield.. that'll be interesting. 

Oakley will be fine.  Look at the fine print on the literature of a Bauer visor - you will see it's an Oakley patent.

1 minute ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Oakley will be fine.  Look at the fine print on the literature of a Bauer visor - you will see it's an Oakley patent.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Interesting information, thanks.

On June 15, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Bbd94 said:

Saw this a couple days ago. Only thing I don't like is the size of the visor which I'm pretty sure they'll make a shorter version.

There is one  quality out of the box is impressive  seems thicker than average but high quality and the optics are good. The clip system is also far less bulky and gaudy than Bauers

127C9AA1-1E77-4B9D-896C-AB58A399720D_zps

You also get a nice CCM night shade for it. 

15699A75-F91B-410D-BB2F-76492F3D0F6A_zps