Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badger_14

Pacific Rink "Pond Pack"?

As seen here

Not trying to shill for the company (no affiliation) but I'm digging the thought that's gone into these.  I really like the backpack idea - in my coaching capacity, that would make getting to the rink (on foot or bike) 100x easier. 

Other interesting features:

The light/reflective interior.  More bags should have this. 

Having the dry pocket be the inside of the top flap on the player bag - very luggage-y, in a nice way. 

The optional backpack straps on the player bag. 

They also just look really nice (can't deny that), bright colors (anyone else get tired of all-black bags?), simple lines. 

What do you all think?  Just another bag? 

I like it. The more compartments in a bag, the better. The silver interior makes a ton of sense. It was one of my favourite features of the mammoth bags. I may get one to try.

both packs are intriguing to me. I sent a message to them inquiring wether the pond pack skate sleeves can hold inlines, would be great to take to the outdoor rinks where I don't need all of my gear. Probably get one of those anyways for sticks and pucks and pond hockey. The player bag to me succeeds (in theory) in a few categories where I think the mammoth didn't, separation and storage of skates etc. if only I could combine the two.

These are pretty cool. I'm all about companies trying to improve things with smart design instead of just making the same crap over and over. I'm using a Grit tower bag right now, and I'm so so on it. I like the wheels and the organization, but it's not big enough for all my gear. It fits but I really have to cram it in. I'd be interested to try the Player Bag, as it has a lot of the same great organization features that the Grit has but in a normal bag. I wonder how well the backpack straps work with it.

Very interested in getting one of these when mine breaks down... they look great too!

Hey  guys!  Just saw that you guys were talking about the Pacific Rink bags.  I am the creator of those bags and a member of MSH, so please let me know if you have any questions!  BTW, the Pond Pack works great with inline skates as well.  If you want me to send you some pics, let me know! 

4 hours ago, jcushing said:

Hey  guys!  Just saw that you guys were talking about the Pacific Rink bags.  I am the creator of those bags and a member of MSH, so please let me know if you have any questions!  BTW, the Pond Pack works great with inline skates as well.  If you want me to send you some pics, let me know! 

sounds great! thanks a bunch for the reply! i am fairly set as far as player bags go at this time, but definitely think ill be trying out one of the pond packs for inline/sticks and pucks/pond

9 hours ago, jcushing said:

I pledged the dual pack.  I'll use the player bag for my player gear, and I'll try the pond pack for when I referee. I sometimes take the motorbike to ref in the summer, so the backpack part may help. 

On 2016-06-17 at 11:07 PM, jcushing said:

Great product... Other than wheels and a handle ;-) Some loops on the outside for drinks bottle would be great... Mine's constantly getting squashed in my bag and leaking!

If I could make a perfect bag, it would be one with stupidly tough zippers... Meshed pockets on either side for my skates... Heavy duty fabric, wheels and handle that don't break after a year. Drinks bottle pocket on the outside, pockets on the inside for tape, tools etc, compartmentalized with moveable dividers, large main opening. Velco stick holders on the side/top.

This would be a good sticks and pucks bag, but not sure about that price.  I could just lug my whole bag that I already own...

Now you've inspired me to go home and make my own version out of an old backpack and some velcro....

@sectachrome The strap handle doesn't have padding. It's made of the material that the bag is made of, 1000D Cordura.  I've been using it for months now and it is reasonably comfortable.  The wide seatbelt straps we use for the shoulder straps are wide, so thy distribute weight nicely, vs thinner straps that can dig into your shoulders.

@jcushing So, looking at your bags I have a couple of questions...1) Where is your bag made? I have been looking at the Mammoth and I really like the fact that it is made in North America, however it doesn't have the skate pockets that yours does, so that's kind of a big deal too.  and 2) Do you have a physical store? I live in SD and am up in the greater LA area at least twice a week for work.  I'd love to stop by if you have an actual store.

Also, I travel a lot and I typically bring my gear with me, so it takes a lot of abuse. I average about 120 days away from home a year. The last bag I had was an old Itech bag that lasted almost 15 years (with lots of minor fabric tape repairs, but no zipper issues and no seam issues.  How well will your bag hold up? I'd love to get at least 10 years out of it.  Let me know bro, I'd love to support my fellow SoCal hockey boys!

On 20/06/2016 at 9:08 PM, jcushing said:

Thanks for the support and kind words guys...means a lot!

@BenderHockey Thank you for the support!!!

@RickDC We're working on a travel bag with those 2 items for the future!

Do you guys sell in the UK? Both bags look awesome!