Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

RBZ Revolution

Here are some images of the RBZ Revolution, which comes out later this summer.

A few highlights include their Power Alloy faceplate, which is something they developed with their partnership with TaylorMade.   It's designed to increase the sweetspot on the blade as well as give it a hotter face, similar to what you see on a driver.

They've tweaked the hosel as well - the tip of the stick shaft sits deeper into the heel of the blade.  Also, they've added Technora to the shaft as well for durability.

Used the stick a couple of weeks ago.  I seem to gravitate towards RBZ when it comes to their sticks, and this one felt good.  Didn't feel any issues in terms of receiving passes off of the face.  

Revolution_3_resized.jpg

Revolution_2_resized.jpg

Revolution_1_resized.jpg

Revolution_5_resized.jpg

Revolution_4_resized.jpg

very interested in checking one of these out. sometimes different is good, sometimes bad. I guess ill have to see on this one. Glad to read that you didnt have issues receiving passes, that was my first possible negative thought when i saw the TH video for it. Like flyers said, and per design the RBZ stage 2 that i own is a rather lively blade.

So is this just a metal plate placed on top of the blade, or is the carbon removed and this is the primary material for the blade face?

18 hours ago, kyleo29 said:

So is this just a metal plate placed on top of the blade, or is the carbon removed and this is the primary material for the blade face?

The faceplate is flush with the blade, its not just a blade with the faceplate slapped on top of it. 

Now I know tape is relatively thin...but would using it diminish the affects of the metal insert?

JR - Any damage to the toe from use so far? My previous experience with the RBZ Stage 2 was the toe would break down first and ultimately, reveal the hollow blade.

21 hours ago, flyers10 said:

RBZ tend to be very lively blades. Is the Revolution livelier, about same or bit less than previous generations?

It's still lively, but not what people would assume it would be by having that faceplate.

4 minutes ago, Quintin said:

JR - Any damage to the toe from use so far? My previous experience with the RBZ Stage 2 was the toe would break down first and ultimately, reveal the hollow blade.

That improved with Speedburner.

21 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

Slightly heavier stick according to these two, but with a great balance. I believe one of them is a member here, and can bring more insight. 

My P29 85 flex (w/o tape or being cut down) weighs 439 grams, which is about 5 grams heavier than the SpeedBurner. I've always really liked the balance of RBZ's but the Revolution did lose a bit of that with the new FacePlate, granted you are getting more power and a bigger sweet spot in return. Twigs are getting lighter and lighter (EK60 = 385g, QRL = 412g, '16 1X = 419g) so going from these to the Revolution is quite noticeable but like I said in the vid, some players aren't a fan of a crazy light stick (no pun intended). 

I was very happy with the blade feel of the Revolution. The last two RBZ lines of sticks had blades that just felt "odd" to me. They lacked a lot of feel and responsiveness that was initially present in the RBZ Stage 2. CCM seems to have reverted the blade feel back to the RBZ/Stage 2 style. The Revolution blade however, has a much "crisper" feel than the Stage 2 did. 

I watch Chases video all the time and it seems both of them have more pop in their shots with this stick. It looks like it will be a nice improvement over the previous year. 

Its a shame the weight is a tad heavy though and wonder if it's worth the trade off.

I used it for awhile. I really liked it but got rid of it because I got an 85 flex instead of the 75 that I normally use and just couldn't adjust. I am going to wait and grab one on clearance when the time comes.