Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Chadd

Andersen to Toronto, signs extension

4 hours ago, start_today said:

Isn't Anderson in more or less the same position Bernier was when he came over? 

kind of sounds like it. Bernier had pretty good numbers with LA Kings before getting trading.

We shall see, but from my experience, these types of trades seldom pan out the way you hope. Ie. Cory Schneider from Vancover to New Jersey.

Anderson is a bit better of a situation as it was a bit of a toss up between him and Gibson for who was the better goalie. Like the Elliot and Allen situation. 

Martin Jones was an exception to rule though.

But realistically goalies are always going to be a crapshoot. Really depends on a lot of things including the squad in front of them. I don't think anyone would have suggested Schneider wasn't good enough to be a number one, but instead he's floundering and Luongo is the one playing really well. 

Goalie moves like this are always going to be a "wait and see" thing. Impossible to predict.

up until mid season I thought Anderson was going to be another average goalie, he played well since then and most of the playoffs.

Now it seems like the Leafs got a great deal. Funny thing this week, sports analysts say they made a slew of great signings/deals.

Kadri, Reilly, Gardiner and Anderson at very good prices, long term. Prior, they were iffy players/signings.

1 hour ago, fastmiele said:

up until mid season I thought Anderson was going to be another average goalie, he played well since then and most of the playoffs.

Now it seems like the Leafs got a great deal. Funny thing this week, sports analysts say they made a slew of great signings/deals.

Kadri, Reilly, Gardiner and Anderson at very good prices, long term. Prior, they were iffy players/signings.

Well that's what happens when you surround them with good line mates and better coaching I guess. Kadri was super iffy under previous coaches but Babcock has really turned him into a solid player.